Whats it like flying for connie?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

i fly boxes

Hello, I was wondering if you guys could help. I currently am a regional pilot, and I live in the Detroit Area. I have had my eye on Kallita for a while. I have 1800 hours, which are below the times that they say are competitive, but I was wondering if I would have a chance.

If someone that works there could answer the following questions as well, that would be great. I know nothing about bigger cargo ops

What is your quality of life like (especially if you live in YIP area)?
Are the airplanes taken care of pretty well?
Where do you see the company in 10 years, will they stick with the classics, or will they go on to more modern airplanes in the future?
What is a typical schedule like?

i fly boxes said:
Hello, I was wondering if you guys could help. I currently am a regional pilot, and I live in the Detroit Area. I have had my eye on Kallita for a while. I have 1800 hours, which are below the times that they say are competitive, but I was wondering if I would have a chance.

If someone that works there could answer the following questions as well, that would be great. I know nothing about bigger cargo ops

What is your quality of life like (especially if you live in YIP area)?
Are the airplanes taken care of pretty well?
Where do you see the company in 10 years, will they stick with the classics, or will they go on to more modern airplanes in the future?
What is a typical schedule like?

OK

falcon20driver said:
With 4200 hours you're right in there dude, they're probably looking for some multi turbine PIC, a friend just hired on there had a couple thousand hours B-1900 PIC.

HMMmmmm :confused:

If you have 1800 hours, I doubt you'll fly for Connie for quite some time.
If you have 4200 hours, I'd say apply, but make sure the ink has dried on your logbook :rolleyes:

We work 17 days a month usually straight, but not all the lines are this way. You are gone the whole time. Ewr/Jfk go East bound to Belgium and Amsterdam continuing through to Dubai, Bahrain, Kuwait then backwards or to Hong Kong. Also Pacific runs Lax-Hnl, some Incheon and of course Hong Kong, and returning through ANC. Some Mac trips and Afghanistan, Turkey pop up sometimes.
Quality of life is subjective, scheduling is terrible-half or more of the crews don't fly as published. Management pilot relations are bad-stalled contract talks for 3 years. Pay is bad first year a little better after, still substandard.

I guess the big question, for me anyway, is where will the company be in 10 years? I know this is the airline biz, but do you see them around at all in 10-15?

Thanks.

Fly'in for Connie

As soon as we get through this contract negotiations and get a decent contract, this will be the place to be. The company is profitable, Connie owns all the airplanes outright, just baught a 747 Classis Simulator and built a new training facility in YIP, is upgrading all the planes to EFIS/Glass cockpits, Jepp Electronic Flight Bag. Quick upgrade time to left seat, probably better than any other carrier out there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back