Whats it like flying for connie?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Much as I dislike and disagree with management here I don't think
Connie is stealing money that is his (except by underpaying us.) As for KHA they raped AIA and all the pilots working there.

oceandude said:
Hi,Been sending my resume for some time. still had no luck. i was thinking of going up there in person to walk it in. any suggestions? i am single and would not mind seeing the world. thanks in advance!!

Would not be a bad idea. They have a lot of resume's piling up. They are planning 7 new hire classes for 07. Don't believe everything you hear on the websites. Some of the old AIA stories still linger around. Things are a lot better and there is still work to do to get even better. Guys that were told to leave, always leave with a bad taste.

Bad Monkey! said:
Run away as fast as you can! It's business as usual for Connie (the Frank Larenzo of the freight world).

I bet the planes have yellow MEL stickers all over the place.
Is he raping the company yet? bilking millions out of it like he did when he was at KHA? Just wait till the money's gone and he shows you the street.

Make a very informed decision about working for this clown before you put your a$$ on the line.

Did they find the engine that fell off the 74 into Lake Michigan yet?

Yes, Conrad can bite my a$$. Can you feel the luv?

I know this is flame bait but I cant resist.

You sir are talking out your as*. You obviously have no idea what your talking about.

As far as MEL stickers, the most I have seen is three. Oh, and by the way... they are not yellow!

As for the engine in the lake comment, you insinuate that poor Kalitta mx was the culprit. Actually it was a defective weld from the company that made the part that failed. Kalitta mx had nothing to do with it.

I have been here almost a year and I can honestly say I really like it here. I have seen more of the world than most will ever see. The other crews here are great.

So to all you people considering working for Kalitta, don't listen to jerks like this one.

oceandude said:
not really the answer i was looking for.......... opinions are like A$$holes, i guess .everyone has one. thanks anyway.

Yes, very true...and, more often than not, they stink!

embpic1 said:
I know this is flame bait but I cant resist.

You sir are talking out your as*. You obviously have no idea what your talking about.

As far as MEL stickers, the most I have seen is three. Oh, and by the way... they are not yellow!

As for the engine in the lake comment, you insinuate that poor Kalitta mx was the culprit. Actually it was a defective weld from the company that made the part that failed. Kalitta mx had nothing to do with it.

I have been here almost a year and I can honestly say I really like it here. I have seen more of the world than most will ever see. The other crews here are great.

So to all you people considering working for Kalitta, don't listen to jerks like this one.

1. I have known Conrad far longer than you Sir and know his modus operandi.
2. Sorry, when I was there they were yellow and dotted the entire cockpit. Of course when you have pilots that fly without writing up something that's broke there will be no mel stickers in the plane.
3. We could talk all day, I have volumes of mx practices stored in my attic.
4. Your still a "probee"
5. I have seen the world way too many times to count and consider time at home with my family more impoertant than seeing the Middle East or South America.
6. Has for talking out my ass-get back to me when you have 4 years under your belt, then we can talk.

Bad Monkey! said:
1. I have known Conrad far longer than you Sir and know his modus operandi.
2. Sorry, when I was there they were yellow and dotted the entire cockpit. Of course when you have pilots that fly without writing up something that's broke there will be no mel stickers in the plane.
3. We could talk all day, I have volumes of mx practices stored in my attic.
4. Your still a "probee"
5. I have seen the world way too many times to count and consider time at home with my family more impoertant than seeing the Middle East or South America.
6. Has for talking out my ass-get back to me when you have 4 years under your belt, then we can talk.

Well I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you, however I will say that many people here from the old AIA days with 10+ years seniority feel that this is a better operation than before.

You are right that I am still a newbie here. I am also sure that with time I will complain more just like some people that have been here for years. But as I am sure you realize, that happens pretty much everywhere.

I think its all a matter of perspective. From where I came from (121 Domestic) this place is great. My QOL has gotten much better here even with being gone 17 days a month.

Connie just sank a ton of money in a new training/simulator facility in YIP. It is easily on par with NATCO's facility in terms of caliber. He also has a new engine overhaul shop in Oscoda that is quite impressive.

It sounds like you worked here in the old AIA days. From what I hear things have changed for the better since then. I am not trying to dispense 'Kool aid', but so far I am happy here.

There are folks who work for UPS and FEDEX that bitch and whine as much as anyone in the business.
I have been working at Willow Run going on 21 years. I have never earned so much money; never had so much fun, and am continuously pleased with the quality of people I fly with.
There is no job in this world that people will not complain about, every job has its bad points. All jobs suck from one day to another in some respects; but, I love my job!
This is far better than being unemployed!

Sorry for the stupid question, but I have never done international work but is it all night backside of the clock flying like most of the domestic freight operators?

Latest resources

Back