Whats happening at Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mkingmei

If any one can give a little info on what is happening at COlgan it would be greatly appreciated.
Are they hiring for attrition from maineline call backs(are there any?) or what is the deal.

Thanks

They will have to be hiring soon. Last I heard they had a "hiring freeze." However 4 CCAir/Mesa pilots got called back this week alone, and from what I hear another 4 left last week to go to Chautauqua. Looks like they are going to be short handed in the busiest time of the year in the northeast. Good luck.

Where did you hear this from? I have never heard that. Maybe they are thinking that now that so many people have left recently. I know they have a 12 month $12,000 training contract. Just curious where you heard of the PFT thing. Its new news to me.

Buddro

I have heard rumblings of new hire classes and upgrade classes starting very shortly. We have lost a number of people to call backs and believe it or not, Alaska and Airtran.

Unless something has changed, we are NOT pft.. They do require a 1 year 12K prorated training contract.

chperplt said:

Unless something has changed, we are NOT pft.. They do require a 1 year 12K prorated training contract.

What's the problem (or is that how Colgan wants it) with retention based on? Is it that they have a lot of furloughees going back to old jobs or are they moving on to other regionals?

Colgan doesn't really have a problem with retention. As mentioned above, we had 4 CC air pilots get recalled. We have had at least a half dozen mainline pilots go to Airtran, ATA, North American, and Alaska.

Latest resources

Back