Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

highalti2d

Madhatter
Not really sure which forum to post this in... just looking for suggestions on what is good compensation for a ferry flight. 4 hour flight, SA227, owners are in a bit of a rush, airline ticket included, one day only, straight out straight back. Any suggestions?

Not really sure which forum to post this in... just looking for suggestions on what is good compensation for a ferry flight. 4 hour flight, SA227, owners are in a bit of a rush, airline ticket included, one day only, straight out straight back. Any suggestions?

My list shows the going rate is about $750 Per Pilot per day and 3 day's min. 1 Day to get to the plane and Pre Flight, 1 Day Flight, 1 day return home. If the plane is local then you can remove the travel day but if they are in a big hurry and want you done in 24 hours charge it anyway.

My list shows the going rate is about $750 Per Pilot per day and 3 day's min. 1 Day to get to the plane and Pre Flight, 1 Day Flight, 1 day return home. If the plane is local then you can remove the travel day but if they are in a big hurry and want you done in 24 hours charge it anyway.

$750 per day for an SA227? That's more than a Lear 60 contract pilot in most parts of the country.

Yeah, it's more than a metro pilot makes too, in any part of the country, but it is a one-off and not a reliable income, so, if you look into the consulting world, for example, you'd probably find that that is the way the world turns.

I ended up accepting $1000 for the day. Preflighted the day before for 30-60 minutes, flew out and back on the second day, and I am local. I also know that though they may have agreed to pay more, it wouldn't be much more, and some of my coworkers would be hungry for it too, so... better in my pocket than theirs!

Hope I didn't lower the bar for anyone out there!!! :erm: And thanks for the input.

Yeah, it's more than a metro pilot makes too, in any part of the country, but it is a one-off and not a reliable income, so, if you look into the consulting world, for example, you'd probably find that that is the way the world turns.

I ended up accepting $1000 for the day. Preflighted the day before for 30-60 minutes, flew out and back on the second day, and I am local. I also know that though they may have agreed to pay more, it wouldn't be much more, and some of my coworkers would be hungry for it too, so... better in my pocket than theirs!

Hope I didn't lower the bar for anyone out there!!! :erm: And thanks for the input.

Nope you did not lower the bar, One off's are good money, Ferrying airplanes is more risk then if it was a fleet most the time. Ferry aircraft are assumed to have problems most aircraft are in unknown condition, maintenance wise really poor or are on a ferry permit for some reason etc. "Anyone can pencil whip a log book"

Latest resources

Back