• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's going on with the Pinnacle MEC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe so, but you didn't hear it from the MEC communications.

The DTW CA Rep wouldn't know how to make a deal if he was given a road map from AAA, a GPS from the Defense Department and two professional drivers. He gives bad advice during representations and only yaks about bovine fecal matter. The only thing I figure is he wants to earn an ALPA battle star, just to say that he did.

The PCL guys are getting ready to see the result of apathy when it comes to electing reps. You can be mad and hate mgmt but at the end you got to make a deal. These guys don't have the talent, and they are unwilling to lead. Mostly, they are hunkering down in their bunkers with a wet finger checking the wind. Stand up and lead.

The Ad Hominem attack on the DTW rep. makes me think you have personal issues with the man, as far as I'm concerned these accusations lack credibility with out evidence. From my perspective he was one of the few to lead and vote NO on the TA.

I'm not mad at management because they are acting as they always act, I expect it. I do not hate management, it is a waste of my time. We will make a deal when it is worthy of our standards.

I will say this, looking at our TA I'm impressed with our companies negotiators. ALPA is still on the 20 yard line after five years, I think it is time our "line" starts pressuring their quarterback. Vote "no" send it back.

The MEC communications has been lousy for two years. Never told what business is conducted or how anyone voted. Terrible.

Can't point it all at one person, it is the responsibility of the communication chair to get it out. The real issue is it is censored from the top, so what starts as a page briefing ends up as 2 short sentences that is has no substance. You know, more is coming shortly, then the news is really nothing

DTW reps are idiots. DTW CA rep plays no show on any important meeting. Couldn't bring himself to show up for a council meeting couple weeks ago. Always mouthing off but never produced a thing. Same for his FO rep, Minnie Me. ME: "What do you need in a contract to vote 'Yes'? Minnie Me: blank stare. You gotta be kidding me!
I would not go that far, if nothing else, by their vote on the TA they are showing leadership. Something that hasn't been seen in years. The last guy who showed leadership (verbal against the LOA's in '05) was run out of office because he was a CA in the FO spot. Although, the other FO rep was also a CA and still is a CA as a FO rep.

MEM FO rep, who is also on the NC, takes a pass and votes to take a "neutral" position on an MEC recommendation to the pilots. You gotta be kidding me.
And next in line for the position vacated by WG, isn't that a little convenient?

$150,000 to former Chief Pilot who was in the job for one month who was fired supposedly because of his work for the union. Work for the union? YGBKM!
Yep, and the company was not to pleased by it. It meant I did not fade away into the dust.

Who came up with the $150K stipend for Dondk?
I can answer this one:)

The stipend is not really a stipend, it is more of an advance on what the association expects to get back from a successful arbitration. It also compels the company to pay all the back pay, not try to negotiate it down like they usually do. It lost support from the same MEC that created it. Why? you have to ask them, I have my theories though. BTW, the trade, the stipend was not "free", it meant that I continued doing C3 work.

Who can you thank for this sad state of affairs?
It is not ALL on the person you are suggesting. There are others that are just as culpable.

I will say this, looking at our TA I'm impressed with our companies negotiators. ALPA is still on the 20 yard line after five years, I think it is time our "line" starts pressuring their quarterback. Vote "no" send it back.

Got to remember they have had the same cohesive team for the last 5 years, only one member moved on to the sister company. The association has not had ONE member longer than 2 years. There is no cohesiveness and what was agreed before the the current team went in could not be changed. Thus the ton of LOA's have to make you wonder what direction the original team was given.

He gives bad advice during representations and only yaks about bovine fecal matter.

I would not go that far, he may be a bit on the edge from time to time. He is not afraid of a fight, that is the problem. In some cases diplomacy goes much further than a smack down. Compared to who you could have representing DTW, you could do much worse. Look at the other domiciles, there is no equality of discipline. Is that the company? or the representative? You can only point the blame at the company so far.

I think your right. I believe the MEC wants the pilot group to vote this turd down. They wanted the pilot group to see this piece of crap that is VERY similiar to "The Best, Final Offer" of 4yrs ago. Remember? We didn't get to see that one.

I would say if you own PNCL stock to sell before the 24th.
You're kidding right? They're getting a nice signing bonus for handing this "turd" to the pilot group. They're tired of "negotiating" with management.
They just want to go back to calling in for each trip and getting premium pay for sitting at home with thier fat wives.
Typical ALPA

When you have a system that encourages folks to "move on" and just "pass through" on the way to a "real job"...You get these results...The blame lies in the system....Not the players...

Anyone want to change the "system" that makes this a "pass through" job? If you aren't willing to change the system...don't bitch about the result....

When you have a system that encourages folks to "move on" and just "pass through" on the way to a "real job"...You get these results...The blame lies in the system....Not the players...

Anyone want to change the "system" that makes this a "pass through" job? If you aren't willing to change the system...don't bitch about the result....
Mark your calendar, the first time I've ever agreed with Joe Merchant. The contract is heavily slanted towards "lifers," as they feel they are the only true recipients of this contract. The rest are temporary boarders, who don't deserve anything.

im

Im getting *************************ed.

Turd contract
Half of the bonus.
W2 way to distribute.

Ive been a FO for 3 years since day 1 of the amendable date and 2 year Capt till now. I deserve in my opinion a better formula method for the bonus. The lifers had it clean and easy and now there getting the bigger piece of the pie. I'm outraged and really pist off.

Maybe so, but you didn't hear it from the MEC communications.

The DTW CA Rep wouldn't know how to make a deal if he was given a road map from AAA, a GPS from the Defense Department and two professional drivers. He gives bad advice during representations and only yaks about bovine fecal matter. The only thing I figure is he wants to earn an ALPA battle star, just to say that he did.
Stand up and lead.

I respect your right to post no matter how moronic the content. Why not take your own advice. Stand up and lead even though its easier to just whine on a message board. Do something to get the thing voted down..

Have the deets on the TA really not been posted yet? sucks if thats true.

Speaking of sucking, I hear the TA is horrible. Way to take 5 years to only catch up to a mediocre pre-9/11 contract.....I hope it ain't true.

Latest resources

Back