What's going on at SkyWest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KFFA

I here that we have 20 New hires that started couple weeks ago and that they are all UAL guys. Then another class of 30 started today. 23 were poolies and 7 UAL. and another class of 20 new hires start the first of Feb. 70 New hires in 5 weeks???? The first 70CRJ doens't even get on property till end of next week??? Is IAD in the future?

KFFA said:
Is IAD in the future?

I hope not. Commuting to DEN is far enough. If it happened that would be a JUNIOR BASE! .....It would be nice to see an RJ base in SEA or PDX.

SkyWest

I heard that the Jan. class consisted of 21 poolies, and that in Feb. the class would consist of 20, and 14 in march, 10 in April, and 10 in May. Not sure if that is a fact or just a rumor. Any additional information would be great.

My understanding is that the United furloughees could be going to the right seat to the Brasilia as well as the RJ. The company wouldn't let seniority be superceded. Meaning those Brasilia FOs that are no longer seat locked have first choice regarding RJ FO transition class, then if there are any spaces left, they'll go to the United furloughees, otherwise the furloughees will be flying the Brasilia. They could fly the Brasilia for Delta Connection, United Express, or Continental Connection, it's all in the agreement for the United furloughees.

Latest resources

Back