What's going on at Flight Express?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLX 1996-1998 Alumni

I was just telling my FO on climbout about how I miss cranking the Baron off the runway and getting the "early turnout" with a wave at the tower as I (legally) buzzed them. They were usually waving back. Not something I get to do at the airlines.

I had one near-death experience and a couple stressful flights there but it was mostly a lot of fun. We used the company frequency as a statewide party line while airborne, talking about anything from who's interviewing to stock prices. ATA and a couple other companies using the same frequency for ops HATED us for it. They were always stepping on us to report in their fuel and other meaningless info, interrupting our urgent conversations about who blew a tire in Leesburg the night before and such.

Good luck to all who are at Flight Express and the other 135 freight companies. I found my best FO's were those that had flown single pilot freight. Unfortunately at Eagle, we never got a whole lot of high time (1500+) quality guys. I always told my buds who were doing the hiring to snag any freight guys they could, but we usually ended up with a bunch of 800 hour flight instructors who were technically competent, but lacked situational awareness in many cases and hadn't often gotten past the Gee Whiz factor when we were doing approaches to mins.

And yes, I miss the weekends off too.

WannaB

Hey for those of you still poking around this thread and may be interested in FLX, we need pilots bad. Sure the multi doesnt come instantly but it would come quicker if we filled the 210 runs. It's actually a big catch 22. We dont get pilots because of the slow multi upgrade (bout 10-12 months right now) but we can't upgrade people until the 210 runs are filled. Nice huh. So in actuality, the more pilots we recruit, the lesser the upgrade time....counterintuitive yes but very true with this company. Now I know this sounds like a sales pitch but I do not want to go to the baron...in fact I just want to get off of TDY all the time.

Will

True, True!

Hey for those of you still poking around this thread and may be interested in FLX, we need pilots bad. Sure the multi doesnt come instantly but it would come quicker if we filled the 210 runs. It's actually a big catch 22. We dont get pilots because of the slow multi upgrade (bout 10-12 months right now) but we can't upgrade people until the 210 runs are filled. Nice huh. So in actuality, the more pilots we recruit, the lesser the upgrade time....counterintuitive yes but very true with this company. Now I know this sounds like a sales pitch but I do not want to go to the baron...in fact I just want to get off of TDY all the time.

Will

And I want to get you off TDY!

Gary

Haha! That'd be our recruiter! Gary I didn't know you were on here. I'll be calling you tomorrow, 275 just told me there are two openings in Jax potentially....well I am definitely interested.

Will

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back