• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's competitive mins for CAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it true that for the internal rec to be any good then the recommender has to be there a year or more?

4900tt with 2600 121-turbojet-pic and no internal recs. The balance was mostly 121 sic stuff and some flight instruction.

And as far as the recommender having to be there for a year or more, no, not that I have heard of. I know people that have rec'd others while they were still in initial training. I do believe they want you to go talk to a chief pilot rather than a training fleet manager now, though.

Twotter is correct, too. I doubt someone getting hired today will see the same movement as someone hired even one or two years ago. The movement will still be good, but not quite the same as it was in the last bid.

Having a vadge makes you more competitive than any amount of flight time/experience ever could.

At first I thought you had misspelled something,..........nice job!

I will never spit my beer out because I don't make enough money..........but that was nice.

Having a vadge makes you more competitive than any amount of flight time/experience ever could.

And thats why I opted for the sex change. Its cheap to do at home with mail order. Look for the add in the back of Field and Stream.

It's all about recs. But they have to walk your stuff in. I had 11 internal, but none could walk my stuff in because they were helping others. That's the hardest part. Best of luck....it's a good place to be.

I have 4 more months to go to be off of probation at CAL- went into Chief pilots office a week ago in IAH to recommend someone- He said that they would take my referral but they really do not want pilots recommending other pilots until you are off of probation. They used to allow it but they are getting away from it now.

Maybe if you are golfing buddies with him then it would be a different story.

but they really do not want pilots recommending other pilots until you are off of probation. They used to allow it but they are getting away from it now.

Same info coming from the school house now.

Latest resources

Back