What's changed at SWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
N1kawotg said:
he may not be CEO but you can bet he's making most of the calls.

Herb is the Chairman of the Board. He also handles all the Washington DC stuff for the company. Thats why he is still very active at the G.O. Other board members just show up for the board meetings.

But, don't be fooled....Gary Kelly is very much the man in charge. And he is the guy making most of the calls. As with any board, ideas must be approved by them, but this is Gary's show...and he is doing quite well....cutting costs, growing aggressively and still working on improving the fuel hedge position.

Tejas

I think the culture ideals are the same but the company knows it lives in a "PC" world so some of the more fun things from the past, hot pants and employees being able to joke around with each other without fear is going away. That in no way means the harmless fun, endless smiles, and golden rule attitude isn't still found in every corner of our airline.

Pilots are expected to a be a bit more professional in attitude compared to other employee groups but still generous in the way we treat each other and all other employee groups.

As for a buisness outlook the company has become far more agressive under Gary Kelly and now is looking beyond our orginial model of operating to anything and everything including assigned seating, international flying, larger 737's etc. but ONLY if it is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be profitable.

AA in fact does not provide customers food on a 6+ hour transpacific flight. I hope SWA keeps it up, because it was a terrific experience both flights.

I always enjoying flying on SWA. But I'm quite surprised they didn't serve food on the AA flight you mention, because the transatlantic flight I took a while back had a good meal served to Coach customers. And looking at AA's web site for a Chicago-Tokyo flight, they list both Lunch & Dinner served to coach customers.

52560 said:
Please, take no offense to me stating that Herb Kelleher has retired.

Dude, please.....if anyone would take offense to that, they need help. Now, wipe off your brown nose and start kissing a$$ where it really matters, not on flightinfo.

;) Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back