Whatcha readin'?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Catcher in the Rye

It's a great book that speaks to a lot of people, but to appreciate it fully you need an analysis of the symbolism and meaning therein. I'd go to a bookstore and get the Cliff Notes to read together with the book.

I'll add some of the same one's already mentioned for a 4th or a 5th time; Stick & Rudder, Fate is the Hunter, Band of Brothers (truly an incredible story of Easy company of the 101st airborne in WWII).

A good aviation read from WWII is A Wing and a Prayer by Harry Crosby. He was the lead navigator for the 100th bomb group out of England from 1943-1945. Really great read on life in England at that time for servicemen and the danger faced in the bombing runs from flak or a hundred fockewolfs or messerschmidts looking to cut them to pieces. Good notes on the B-17 as well.

Also heard alot of people rave about Confederacy of Dunces.

If someone enjoys history, David McCullough is a great author. Truman was a great book as well as his recently released John Adams. I've been fortunate to see McCullough speak as well. Worth it if you get the chance. Great perspectives on American History. Both of these run about a 1000 pages by the way.

The Catcher was a Spy by Daniloff was a good read. About catcher Moe Berg, baseball player during the 20's and 30's who became a member of the OSS during WWII. Really electic guy.

Nice thread.

Mr. I.

Latest resources

Back