• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what you can do about this crisis

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a flaming liberal and I agree with the drilling. That said the quickest results will come on the demand side.

Blaming republicans and democrats is pathetic. We use 25% of the worlds oil. Take a look around. We have no one to blame but ourselves.
And as a conservative I want to see us get over our addiction to oil, find alternative sources, however we need to find a short term solution to our current energy crisis, and use the profit from that short term solution to fund research for alternative sources of energy.
Our politicians, on both sides do nothing to help the middle class, period. Unless you are extremely poor, or rich nothing will ever change for you and me.

There are no viable "alternative energy" sources. Not now, not ever. Solar, wind and biofuels comprise far less than 1% of our current energy. The sun doesn't always shine and the wind doesn't alway blow. Sure they can help as a suplement, but will never contribute a significant amount. Biofuels, 100 years ago (with a population ofaround 75 million) 25% of our farmland was used to grow horse feed. So, if we all traded in our cars for horses it would require all of our available farmland to feed them. Cars use more energy than horses. Oh, did you want to eat too?

Oil, coal, natural gas and nuclear, these are our options and they are all available in abundance. What is lacking is political will and leadership.

Its funny, you blame Bush, and while I dont like him at all I tend to blame Nancy Pelosi and her democratic lead senate and congress.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r48px3_ltZ4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PKB7E6cg8IY

I agree! The first video is with Bill O'Reilly. I'm not a big fan of his but he does come down on both Republicans and Democrats. The second video is just funny. 1) Nancy Pelosi can't do math and 2) We're still waiting on that "commonsense plan" Nancy...

There are no viable "alternative energy" sources. Not now, not ever. Solar, wind and biofuels comprise far less than 1% of our current energy. The sun doesn't always shine and the wind doesn't alway blow. Sure they can help as a suplement, but will never contribute a significant amount. Biofuels, 100 years ago (with a population ofaround 75 million) 25% of our farmland was used to grow horse feed. So, if we all traded in our cars for horses it would require all of our available farmland to feed them. Cars use more energy than horses. Oh, did you want to eat too?

Oil, coal, natural gas and nuclear, these are our options and they are all available in abundance. What is lacking is political will and leadership.

An alternative fuel that COULD work is Hydrogen. That said, it has to rely on a current fuel to obtain its full potential, which is nuclear. Hydrogen fuel takes a lot of energy to make, and can only work with nuclear based power.

That's the kind of long term thinking that will never work in this country. We want what we want, and we want it now.

It would be nice to be the last man standing with oil reserves. It would be nicer to tell the Saudi's to pound sand.

GOOD point!!
However, I still say use their oil and bleed THEM dry over the next 20 or so years. Save our oil for when we NEED it for ourselves. We can then tell the Saudi's to pound sand!!

We do need to address the China problem though. Maybe it's time to bury the hatchet with Cuba and be friends.

I hate the higher gas prices, but if it provides incentives to conserve and develop better cars, then I'll gladly pay it.

raise ticket prices NOW!! No more "junk fees" just raise the damm fares already

They say it's not speculation, and that's its supply and demand related. If you think the value of oil will go up faster than inflation, you'll make more money leaving it in the ground and pumping it later. Right now that's the real problem. The rise in price isn't directly speculation, its speculation that oil will go continue to rise in price so pumping it today has no advantage.

How about the government raising interest rates to stop the decline in the dollar. Oh wait, we have a war to pay for..............I hope the removal of saddam was worth it.

How about the government raising interest rates to stop the decline in the dollar. Oh wait, we have a war to pay for..............I hope the removal of saddam was worth it.
It probably was to the people of Iraq that he was torturing and murdering.
To me the war is not worth it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back