Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

greg20

KITT
There have been a lot of rumors and info floating around about Delta's new LCC, "Song". Seems that a lot of Flightinfo members are not too impressed by the new name. I realize it's already been set, but what ideas for a new name does everyone have? I'm not talking about names like "Cramped Air" or "Tight Air", but what "serious" names do you think are appropriate? I hope this will be an interesting thread.

"Dream"

If they think they can compete by turning a 757 in 30 minutes and paying for all the amenities they list and pay mainline wages and support the Delta high cost infrastructure and still make money then they are living in a "Dream".

Ketchup? (Catch-up?)

I like the name of the airline Bob Newhart describes in his WWII trip to Hawaii - The Grace L. Furgeson Airline and Storm Door Co.

Maybe it should have been "thong air" instead of Song air. That would bring about visions of hot sunny beaches and babes on waves. I don't know who gets paid for naming stuff like this, but this is no time to be playing around. I did read about the product and it seems nice. Lime green 757's (will be interesting looking) at all three New York airports (there is an advantage over JetBlue---options to New Yorkers---), with Video Units that rival theirs---not LiveTV but Direct TV---with Email and music library, and supposedly Good food you can purchase. (Who knows--but it will have to be good if you are going to buy it) This will definitely be a challenge for Jetblue---there is no denying that. And, the frequent flyer miles available for travel on all of the codeshare partners---CO/NW also--won't hurt either. The turn times will be 50 mins (doable as long as you have a dedicated workforce??), and planes flown longer through out the day. They say their is disadvantage to Song with higher paid pilots. What? That only accounts for an extra $35 an hour for both pilots total----and there are 199 seats on this 757. There is one less flight attendant, too. Give me a break. The analysts all want lower pay for all labor period. Why don't they take a pay cut? Rediculous. If you break down the fares, each passenger is paying something like $2.50 each for the pilots----that isn't that bad. Come on! It will be interesting.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool:

Lime green 757s... interesting...

Why not "Air Lime"

or Citrus. Too bad Citrus is an airline's callsign, instead of their name.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back