• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What would you have named the DL LCC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When this new alter ego/subsidiary airline decides to follow in the footsteps of the announced UAL "plan" and adopts a different contract and compensation program, we will all come to realize that the name should be

Falsetto.

During the past year, Delta execs visited Air Canada to talk about AC's business strategy. AC set us Tango, Jazz and Zip in the last 18 months to address the changes in the industry during that time.

I don't think that Delta's naming the LCC 'Song' is a coincidence.

higherflyer said:
During the past year, Delta execs visited Air Canada to talk about AC's business strategy. AC set us Tango, Jazz and Zip in the last 18 months to address the changes in the industry during that time.

I don't think that Delta's naming the LCC 'Song' is a coincidence.

It's funny you should say that. My first thought was to Air Canada "Jazz" when I heard it was going to be called "Song" too. I didn't know that the Delta people had actually met with the Air Canada people.

In light of this, maybe they should have called it "Molson Golden Air" (you know, the lousy American beer that's a cheap copy of a great Canadian one).

How about "The Money Pit?"

I think "Delta Song" would have been a more appropriate name. I've got a hunch it'll go the way of Legend, though.

I'm a bit worried that if Song is successful, it'll be the end of Delta as we know it. They're already using "low cost" CRJ's to their benefit. What's going to happen if they can operate 757's at a fraction of their normal cost?

Does anybody know how scope relates to Song? Can they...will they...use Song to replace mainline service?

Typhoon1244 said:
I think "Delta Song" would have been a more appropriate name. I've got a hunch it'll go the way of Legend, though.

Delta has said that it doesn't want its name anywhere on the new carrier. It does not want the public to associate the new airline with Delta, citing the failure of Delta Shuttle.

I think if they wanted something music related it should have been "Sing."

dmspilot00 said:
Delta has said that it doesn't want its name anywhere on the new carrier. It does not want the public to associate the new airline with Delta, citing the failure of Delta Shuttle.

I don't think this is possible. From what I remember from the DAL PWA, it required all subsidiary aircraft to have the Delta name and logo displayed on the aircraft. Any DAL guys have their contract close by?

Name: Force Mejor (sp?)

DAL Mgt: I know you want your jobs back, AND our airplanes are full, but we've decided to start a NEW airline. UmmmYeeaahhh,... did get the memo on that? (said in voice of manager-guy from movie: Office Space)

unbelievable

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back