• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What would you do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jet Corp which is part of the Jet Direct network posted an ad yesterday on climbto350.com for CJ pilots. If you are open to moving to St. Louis then let me know and I will get the details to you if you are not yet a member of climbto350.

While unemployed it will most likely be counter productive to make QOL your primary goal in pursuit of a job. The longer you stay unemployed in a fairly hot pilot job market while waiting for just the right job, the more future prospective employers will say, "Why is this guy still unemployed?" It is always easier to find a flying job, when you have a flying job. So my recommendation would be to find anything, almost anywhere, commute if necessary while looking for the prefect job.

I agree on a certain level, but as I've always taken the time to find teh right employer rather than taking a job that I knew I would not last with. That would be easily explained.

I second the suggestion about the contract work. Put on a tie and drop a resume at every corporate operator you can find and explain that you're looking for that type of work. It pays well(very well in some cases), especially if you're typed in anything you're flying, and the contacts are priceless.

Also, don't be afraid of a little part time @ the old home depot. It's a fairly flexible company and I've known more than a couple of out-of-work pilots who've found shelter there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back