What would you do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

newmei

I have around 1700 TT 75 ME, I have my ATP CFI II , MEI, but hardly any multi. What is a good stepping stone from here? The place where I work does'nt do multi instruction. I'm guessing my multi time is WAY to low for a regional? Any recommendations?

Thanks

SkyWest minimums are 1000/100. Their average new hires have 2000/500. If you can knock out 25 more multi hours, that should get you close to a freight job then you can work it from there...

Next step

Freight or 135 would be a good choice if you can get it. You might not because your multi is low.

Why don't you look at instructing where you can get multi? Along those lines, you might knock off two birds with one stone, build multi and have a crack at a regional, by applying to MAPD. This link will take you to the page that details Mesa CFI hiring.

I know it's frustrating, but you just need a door to open. Good luck with your efforts.

Last edited:
Try Cape Air they are getting ready to hire. Your light on multitime, but they may work with you. A great place to work and fun flying.

Try applying to Flight Express. They fly mostly C-210s but have a few Barons for the more senior pilots. They don't require a lot of multi time. It's good Part 135 single pilot IFR experience. Once you get enough seniority then you can fly the barons and build the multi time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back