Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What would be the pay rate for this position?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pdb

Thanks first to all for the information on this board!

I'm ex-military & ex-airline guy looking for a new career. I've got 10000+ hours.

I've been in contact with a company in the west central US for a position as a part 135 King Air (C90) PIC, part 91 Citation X SIC, and part 91 Bell 407 PIC. (jack of all trades) in a fairly remote rural location.

Could anyone give an idea of the expected salary range for a gig like this. Probably much more C90 flying than the others. I'm guessing around 400 hours a year.

Thanks in advance.

Depends. Last survey I saw for Cit X SIC was around $70-75K a year. Be careful with the rural location. For some reason rural operators seem to think that you are less of a pilot and want to pay you less than they do in other areas because it is sooooo cheap to live out there. Just look at the Wal-Mart flight department ... classic example.

Good luck. Sounds like a cool gig. Get to do a little of everthing.

G100driver said:
For some reason rural operators seem to think that you are less of a pilot and want to pay you less than they do in other areas because it is sooooo cheap to live out there. Just look at the Wal-Mart flight department ... classic example.

NW Arkansas is NOT cheap, at least not anymore...

The trick to figuring out what this position is worth is finding out if the need a "jack of all trades." I would think one of these is pretty hard to come by, especially if the need for someone to move in to the middle of nowhere. I would go with whatever the highest pay rate is and then add a premium for all of the other stuff you have to remain current on. I would say at least 75K plus bennies to start...

Last edited:
I read that in the Wall Street as well about NW Arkansas not being cheap anymore. All the suppliers to Wal-Mart have moved in and raised the cost of living. I wonder if Wal-Mart will have to relocate to another otherwise crappy part of the country to retain their employees at their lower standard wages?

I interviewed for a position with a railroad company in rural KY. They wanted a PIC in the Bell 407 and 206s plus SIC in a Lear 55 and Challenger. But they only wanted to pat 40-50K. The helo flying would have involved flying next to power lines so some guy could look at the stinkin' insulators on the poles. I said no thanx, maybe for 70k but no way for 40.

Live to Ride, Ride to Live.

Explains why they never called me on that job (railroad company). I sent them a resume with salary requirments. Well above the salary they were offering. If you are gonna work me double duty then pay me for double duty. I can go fly one cat of aircraft for more than that and stay away from the power lines. For my opinion, us dual rated guys that are qualified are hard to come by. It should come with a price IMHO. At least in the 70's for the airframes they are asking you to fly. Justs my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back