What would be Challenger 300 captain salary

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

coffeepilot

What is going rate for Challenger 300 Captain in New York area and Dallas,TX area!

How about contract rates for captain and Co-Pilot in same areas!

Thanks

You are at a supreme advantage here if you are looking to contract. New airplane without a lot of guys who know to fly them.

I would not talk to anybody for less than $1200/day (typed). My buddy flying the 2000 EX (EASY) gets $1500/day and turns down work. Enjoy the market now. If you are typed, you are a captain. Do not negotiate down.

As far as salary goes, I would $100,000-$120,000, but that is a guess.

G100driver said:
You are at a supreme advantage here if you are looking to contract. New airplane without a lot of guys who know to fly them.

I would not talk to anybody for less than $1200/day (typed). My buddy flying the 2000 EX (EASY) gets $1500/day and turns down work. Enjoy the market now. If you are typed, you are a captain. Do not negotiate down.

As far as salary goes, I would $100,000-$120,000, but that is a guess.

$1500 a day on a 2000! - and turning down work?

what part of the country?

nice!

NE. But the kicker is there are very few qualified (typed) contract workers. With FSI having only one EASY sim out there contractors are a rare commodity.

As you of all people know, look out for number one, because no one else is!

PS nice new Avatar. Was this the 1st thing you got down with once you outta prison.

Bombardier charges $500/day for pilot services. I imagine you could get more, but all the instructors are chomping at the bit to get some time in the aircraft.
The Demo pilots in Hartford start at $90K. They are all typed on 2 of the 3 (CL30,CL60 and GX)
Instructors at DFW start around $80.

pilotmiketx said:
Bombardier charges $500/day for pilot services. I imagine you could get more, but all the instructors are chomping at the bit to get some time in the aircraft.
The Demo pilots in Hartford start at $90K. They are all typed on 2 of the 3 (CL30,CL60 and GX)
Instructors at DFW start around $80.

Sounds like Bombardier is trying to make their customers feels better ... I still get regular calls to fly the non-EASY 2000 for $800-1000 bucks a day and I have a full time job.

Chomping at the bit is no reason to ask for less money.

Dassault also pays their pilots signifantly less than industry standard as well. I guess folks are willing to take less money for stability.

G100driver said:
Chomping at the bit is no reason to ask for less money.

Well, you do have to be competitive. To be honest, I don't know if that's what they still charge, but when we took delivery we had free use of an instructor pilot for a week and additional days were to be $500 + expenses. Everyone I've talked to only used the instructor for a couple of days, so we all still have a credit for the remainder.

And for an airplane that doesn't have too many corporate examples flying stateside, it's easiest for the operator to call their training contact and arrange for a day pilot. The money's not the issue, it's just convenient. And you know what you're getting. And they're DFW based, so they can catch a direct flight anywhere. One operator had a crew member get sick the day before they left Hawaii. Factory guy jumped on a direct flight to HON and saved the day.

Latest resources

Back