What we don't see in the news

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cherokee said:
Hmmm, any thoughts Mr. 350 and Kicksave. I am waiting to hear you congratualate President Bush...since you blamed him for not finding these guys I am sure you are most willing to give him credit, right??? The silence is deafening....:rolleyes:

Cherokee, get your facts right. I never have blamed Bush for not finding Saddam or his sons. I think the actual military operation was very successful in terms of achieving most of it's military objectives. That's independent to my point that the justification for the war being is matter of debate, and that the justification has potentially been a matter of exageration, and/or outright misrepresentation. When our soliders and marines and sailors are given a job to do, they generally do it extremely well. There's no correlation between that fact, and whether the job they were asked to do, was justified.

Dirt, your sarcasm is cute. Really. And if we find out that he never really had any of those WMDs, we should all breathe a big sigh of relief anyway, just in case.

BTW, Dirt have you enlisted for the War in North Korea, Syria, and Iran yet? The "axis of evil" certainly isn't about to just lay down their nukes and bow down to our might, even though everyone knows we can smash them like bugs if we wanted to. Brute force is NOT the only solution to some of these problems.

BTW, I want to make something clear! Saddam was a murderer, and a dictator, and he deserved to go! If the president had actually told us the real reasons for the war, and the Amercian people had supported those real reasons, then I'd have very little to say about it. Of course we could have taken him out many times over, many years ago, and we didn't seem interested enough back then, so I find those reason hard to accept as a backup when the primary reason that was given to us has so far turned out to be lacking in evidence to support it.

So it's the potential fact that he mislead us, and/or potentially lied about the reasons, that is what I'm not standing for.

Apparently for some of you, it's just a matter of what lies are acceptible, and what lies make someone a slimy criminal. Of course, for some others, it's a matter of what lies you believe, and what lies you cover your eyes and dismiss as not possible. One person can see it as a lie, and another person sees it as a truth, but eventually established facts cannot be rationally ignored. As more facts come out, we'll all have our own opportunities to judge for ourselves just how much we trust the President, and how much power we're willing to give him without consequences, without holding him accountable for basic standards of truth and justification. We'll see where this takes us.

Don't even read an article becuase you don't like the source. Never mind that it wasn't an opinion piece, it wasn't an editorial, it was an interview with someone who has direct knowledge on the subject.

If I felt CNN was a trustworthy source, I would be happy to read the article. I do not.

I had a wonderful day in NY, and on the way home heard on ABC that Uday and Qusay are Dead-ay.

Why spoil the warmth of this moment bickering with the negative?

I just can't think of a good reason. :D :D :D

Be advised....

North Korea and Iran will NOT be push overs. Their SAM systems go way beyond Iraq, and we had a good 12 years to pin point every single one. the Triple-A in N. Korea alone would fill the skies for months. Not one stinking Mig took-off during OIF. North Korea has hundreds, possibly thousands of old soviet jets(pieces of Sh!T and the pilots stink), but even 300 dudes with clubs can get a guy with 60 bullets and a machine gun.

North Korea will fight to the bitter end. That's all they know. Iran may collapse from within, but is that for certain? Let's take care of Iraq first shall we? Our guys and gals are tired and over extended. I believe there is a lot of diplomacy left to work out with the N Koreans and Iranians before we call the banners up for another war.

It would be irresponsible of us to just conquer a country and immediately leave the Iraqi's to there own accord. We didn't leave Japan for years and still have bases over there (and Germany). Hear this loud and clear: We will be in Iraq for a long time. Occupation is inevitable when you completely take a country over and expect democracy. there will always be dissent. Hell, I still see confederate flags in car windows!

that being said, if the decision is made to go to war.....crush them completely, quickly, and without remorse.

Proud to be an American fighting man.

Latest resources

Back