What was your favorite flying plane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DC-3TP said:
I enjoy flying the L-33 or L-13 or L-23. All of these aircraft are sailplanes.

IMO the L-23 is the best training glider someone can ask for. It can carry a descent load, has a pretty good L/D, relatively simple airplane, and can take a beating.

I have to put a vote for 160/180 horsepower J-3 Cubs. Love those 20' takoff rolls.
I miss hand propping those things by myself without being tied down and watching peoples reactions (must have at least 500 starts like that). Banner towing days lots of fun but couldn't make a living at it.

Last edited:
If you like Cubs, (and I do), you'd love a DHC-2 Beaver. Room for four and a dead Moose in back. Throttle back to a nice P&W lope, slide the side window down, stick your elbow out like you were driving a '54 Ford down to the DQ. Very good manners.

The Meyers 200 was a really nice aicraft to fly. Run off and leave a Bonanza with the same hp. Solid, tight controls, but not stiff. I think it would match up well against the best of the homebuilt hot-rods with modern avionics, and a well-tuned TIO-520........

No f90, but i did fly the space shuttle at age 13, and it is really light on the controls, and lands easily, well at least to me its easy to land.

That's BS... I happen to know that you have to be 15 and have parental permission to fly the Space Shuttle. But I flew a C90 when I was 4 but had to have two phone books to see outside and a copilot to work the pedals. I even made cool airplane noises while I did it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back