Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What was the EXACT date of the UA/CO seniority snapshot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on SHREK, you know the snapshot has already been taken. The list is being certified right now, but that snapshot was taken when the merger was announced.

I totally agree - I was just trying to focus everyone's attention back towards what is more important at the particular moment.

I know the SLI is potentially a huge issue but if we allow ourselves to tackle that first before the JCBA it plays into MGT's hands.

Jumppilot,

Why do you think hiring UAL furloughees will be a problem? If someone were to be hired, they would just have 2 seniority numbers. Whichever number worked to their benefit in the SLI, then let them use it. How does this affect you as a CAL pilot? I thought it was a great idea to let the UAL furloughees go to CAL as newhires with their UAL longevity. The difference in pay would have been covered by UAL...just like they did in the jets for jobs program. Again, it doesn't affect the seniority of the CAL pilots. Why should they give a hoot what the UAL guy is making as a new hire? You will be bidding senior to them till the cows come home...so what difference does their payrate make?

Hiring UAL guys affects CAL furloughs like myself. IF we hire off the street, those folks are below me, no questions asked. If we hire UAL guys then they get the benefit of coming back to work sooner due to CAL movement and then the benefit of picking the best side to integrate from possibly leaving myself and other CAL furloughed pilots that many numbers closer to another furlough. To me, that is an important issue. I am all for UAL guys getting back to work over hiring off the street, but they shouldn't be able to do so at my potential expense.

Hiring UAL guys affects CAL furloughs like myself. IF we hire off the street, those folks are below me, no questions asked. If we hire UAL guys then they get the benefit of coming back to work sooner due to CAL movement and then the benefit of picking the best side to integrate from possibly leaving myself and other CAL furloughed pilots that many numbers closer to another furlough. To me, that is an important issue. I am all for UAL guys getting back to work over hiring off the street, but they shouldn't be able to do so at my potential expense.[/QUOTE/]

Over 1400 of us thank you so much for that viewpoint.........much appreciated. :mad:

As long as we keep 50 seat scope it will work itself out until age 65 retires start kicking in.

Hiring UAL guys affects CAL furloughs like myself. IF we hire off the street, those folks are below me, no questions asked. If we hire UAL guys then they get the benefit of coming back to work sooner due to CAL movement and then the benefit of picking the best side to integrate from possibly leaving myself and other CAL furloughed pilots that many numbers closer to another furlough. To me, that is an important issue. I am all for UAL guys getting back to work over hiring off the street, but they shouldn't be able to do so at my potential expense.[/QUOTE/]

Over 1400 of us thank you so much for that viewpoint.........much appreciated. :mad:

As long as we keep 50 seat scope it will work itself out until age 65 retires start kicking in.

Shrek,

I meant nothing against the UAL guys here, if you read what I wrote, I said I am all for bringing you guys back over hiring off the street. However, how can you say it isn't an unfair break to get a recall earlier than you otherwise would and then to get the choice of sides in the integration? I understand that the integration itself probably won't be "fair" in a lot of people's eyes, but that is just a part of the merger. CAL bringing back UAL guys rather than hiring off the street would be a good gesture of unification, but that shouldn't happen at the expense of any CAL pilots. It is our aircraft orders that are going to create movement until retirements start back up, so I as a CAL pilot should expect that with that movement, I will move up in the list and get some padding on the bottom side. If more senior United guys fill those slots, I do not get that benefit and to me that is a huge break for UAL guys at my expense.

Regarding scope, I am optimistic that we can stick together on this thing and do what should be done. Best of luck to your side as well as mine. We may not see eye to eye on this issue, but I assure you I am ready to work together when the chance presents itself.

Fair enough - I would probably see it that way too from your point of view.

Let's shelve this one and get that JCBA done :)

Shrek and Skyw,

Let's get it done! Scope and JCBA! Working together will create great leverage. We can all agree to disagree, but if we keep our eye on the ball, we all can't lose.

Yogi

I don't think the SLI will be a big deal, it's gonna be the JCBA. They're already fighting us on the transition agreement. They walked out. I have a feeling that this might be a long long road.

I wonder how smart of a move that was, to hit a snag on such a minor detail this early in the process. Especially with the grilling titty and smizek(sp) got the other day. Were they not touting how good it would be for the employees? now they walk away from minor items.

Fair enough - I would probably see it that way too from your point of view.

Let's shelve this one and get that JCBA done :)

I agree 100%. I have spoken with my union reps to make it clear that any loosening of scope is unacceptable. I am hoping the UAL side will be even more militant on this issue than the CAL side.

Latest resources

Back