Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What was the Deal with Indy Center Last Night?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

100-1/2

OVER-N-DUN!
Anyone else sense a more adversarial and less accommodating (more proactive 'do what i say') deviations dealing with that Crazy line of weather along the Ohio River Friday Night?

It seems there has been a significant shift toward stressing (rather than suggesting) deviations based on what they 'see' on the ground over what our radar depicts live and in the cockpit.

Any ideas where this hostility is originating? There is less traffic than in years past and yet they seem more inclined to adhere to arrival and departure corridors and 'directive' to how we conduct those operations (ie crossing restrictions and descents directly into convective weather below rather than classic 'slam-dunks'. Actually heard a SWA @ FL400 get a bit heated in one sector that presumably wanted their strip off his table.

Used to be we could request a hold, but now they just use that against us with EFC's: NEVER/BACK OF THE LINE?

Is it connected to this 'deputization' of controllers with regard to potential violations/deviations?

100-1/2

Have you ever spent time with anyone from Indiana?

A great group of people....But, you have to understand their mindset, thinking, and ( ahem ) logic.

To gain a better grasp of that, some suggestions:

- Watch "Green Acres" and observe the thinking of Mr. Haney, Jeb, Arnold The Pig and his Owner, and others. Very telling, as the series was set in Indiana.

- Observe the character "Woody" on Cheers. He is based upon Indiana thought processes, and is spot on.

They do have more than just corn in Indiana, why, I believe they invented the popular Mid-Western game "Corn-Hole".

As well, they invented a race to nowhere, where you drive really fast in circles for several hours on end, for 500 miles.....

Wait, that sounds a lot like what this Industry has become. (?)

But, I digress...

Either embrace the System as it stands - OR - Perhaps just dim the screens, turn off the radios, and announce "Were not going to (insert destination here ).

There are ALWAYS options.

:)

YKW

Last edited:
Never let ATC fly your plane. They're there for you

Have you ever spent time with anyone from Indiana?

A great group of people....But, you have to understand their mindset, thinking, and ( ahem ) logic.

To gain a better grasp of that, some suggestions:

- Watch "Green Acres" and observe the thinking of Mr. Haney, Jeb, Arnold The Pig and his Owner, and others. Very telling, as the series was set in Indiana.

- Observe the character "Woody" on Cheers. He is based upon Indiana thought processes, and is spot on.

They do have more than just corn in Indiana, why, I believe they invented the popular Mid-Western game "Corn-Hole".

As well, they invented a race to nowhere, where you drive really fast in circles for several hours on end, for 500 miles.....

Wait, that sounds a lot like what this Industry has become. (?)

But, I digress...

Either embrace the System as it stands - OR - Perhaps just dim the screens, turn off the radios, and announce "Were not going to (insert destination here ).

There are ALWAYS options.

YKW

Given that many of the controllers in ZID are from other states, your "observation" is suspect, if quaint.

Hoosiers are far more diverse in their thinking than those on the coasts.

TC

Given that many of the controllers in ZID are from other states, your "observation" is suspect, if quaint.

TC

Oh Ya? What about when Woody asked Diane to "not tell his mother" and Diane responded with "Mums the word" and then Woody repeated his request with "OK please don't tell my Mum." That's pretty diverse in thinking.

Makin' your way in the sky today takes everything you've got.

Getting a turn of 10 degrees sure would help a lot.

TC

Ever seen the Stepford Wives ?

Move to Indiana and watch what happens to you.

Very soon, you will have gone native.

I'm not sayin' that's a bad thing..

Latest resources

Back