Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What type of job can I realistically expect?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you get a regional job you'll get a lot of turbine SIC which will increase the quantity but not quality of your time. Never worked regionalbut pay is bad and lifestyle is bad from what people say. Part 135 would be better pay but lifestyle would probably be terrible. 135 operators are deeply offended by the idea a pilot would want a day off or enough money to eat steak once a week. But they pay you enough to eat. A decent Part 91 job gives you decent pay and decent lifestyle but you won't build hours toget a better one for a long time.Of course a good Part 91 job is a rare beast. Apply to the regionals and start sending or resumes for corporate jobs. A year at the regionals might make you a lot more competitive, and it takes a long time to get connections for corporate.

BengalsFan said:
Its all good guys... he is right... the civilian aviation world is in turmoil, and what I heard from some of my older military bro's is not what is true anymore... he is right, and I'm glad that he told me truth instead of worthless sunshine.
Now G200 boy, just because I wish to live in the middle of the country and not the coasts doesn't make me a bad person, and asking what is out there in the middle of the country doesn't make me a whiner. It makes me someone who knows what I want, and is looking for information on how to find it. So thank you for understanding.

yeah, boy.

Like I said....good luck with that.

Last edited:
I'm Hurt

UKAviator,

PM me for a sticker that says I'm a WANKER...

By the way, do you have JAA and US Certificates?

Also Bengal Man and I are both ex-military, he knows that If I didn't respect him, I would have ignored him.

Now you, I could ignore, but its all in good fun...

Warmest Regards,

uncaged

Get into and stay in the reserves, it builds up the net working. Take any flying job you can get that builds your resume. Be looking for the next job as soon as you get your first job. Always move up to better jobs. Be prepared to move around the country to get a better job. In this process you will figure out what you want to do. Plan on 5-10 years to get a career position.

Latest resources

Back