Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What type of job can I realistically expect?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BengalsFan

What type of job should a guy like me realistically expect to be able to get in today's aviation job marker?

All military turbine (Jets and props)
1700 TT
1000 PIC
750 Instructor
ATPw

I am interested in both corporate and airlines, but probably more so corporate. And I am willing to move anywhere except the Northeast and California (only because of cost of living... so if a $100,000 job is available, then sign me up :) )

I just want to know where my expectations should be.

Thanks

Probably more towards regionals with those times, but you could get in with corporate if you know the right people. Good news is that if you went the regional route it wouldn't take you very long to get the time needed for corporate (again depending on what company and equipment etc..)

expectations

Bengal weenie,

You want expectations? That statement worries me, no one gives a rat f*&K about your aviation career except you. And now you want a crystal ball to lay it all out, or at least part of the story.

Wake up and smell the toast "pinhead"... YOU are responsible for your destiny, quit whining, get off your ass, knock on doors, make the effort.
Not that you probably haven't thus far, but the recipe you are looking for does not exist, you have to make it happen.

Good luck and thank you for your service to our country...

Warmest Regards,

uncaged

Quality of time is good, quantity is low. Unfortunately quantity is an issue with a lot of employers. I don't doubt you could get on with a regional; can't say about Fedex, SW or UPS; I think you could get a corporate FO postion as long as they're not looking at the cookie cutter insurance requirements.

What's more important, lifestyle, money, or career progression?

Capt1124

I guess I'd say money and lifestyle are most important. Probably don't go hand in hand though... As far as for Uncaged's answer; I appreciate your cander, but I was not whinning or looking for someone to get me a job, I'm simply uneducated in the civilian aviation world, and simply wanted an idea of what my experience is worth. I have some connections to the airlines, but would probably rather do corporate, so just asking.

So thanks to all who responded, and if anyone else out there has an opinion, or advice, I'm all ears.

Miserable old b@stard!

uncaged said:
Bengal weenie,

You want expectations? That statement worries me, no one gives a rat f*&K about your aviation career except you. And now you want a crystal ball to lay it all out, or at least part of the story.

Wake up and smell the toast "pinhead"... YOU are responsible for your destiny, quit whining, get off your ass, knock on doors, make the effort.
Not that you probably haven't thus far, but the recipe you are looking for does not exist, you have to make it happen.

Warmest Regards,

uncaged

BUUUURRRRNNNN!!!

Was someone having a bad day, hmmmm??!!!

"Pinhead, Bengal Weenie, rat f*&k", followed by a pleasent "Good luck and thank you for your service" ha ha

Chill out dude and crack a cold one sounds like you need it bad!

That was a nasty burn for a simple enquiry. Why do you people even bother posting on here.

uncaged said:
Bengal weenie,

Warmest Regards,

uncaged

now THATS what Im talkin' bout.

:eek:

Shock Value

Hey Guys,

I was trying to light a fire, sort of a motivational speech! Don't take this all so serious, I came out of the military broke, clueless, and pending a really nasty divorce.

Perserverance, determination, and throwing as much positive energy toward your goals will pay off. I never dreamed that I would accomplish the things that I have.

However UK weenie, F**K you, everything that you know is wrong, if you aren't intelligent enough to see it my way, then you are too stupid to live, you should have been killed at birth...

By the way, I was born in Ruislip, Middlesex, My father knocked up some local Essex girl, I was kidnapped, brought to the states, and raised by wolves.

THIS REALM... I love England

Lighten up yo bad self...(all the best and fly safe)

Warmest Regards,

uncaged

uncaged said:
Hey Guys,

I was trying to light a fire, sort of a motivational speech! Don't take this all so serious, I came out of the military broke, clueless, and pending a really nasty divorce.

Perserverance, determination, and throwing as much positive energy toward your goals will pay off. I never dreamed that I would accomplish the things that I have.

However UK weenie, F**K you, everything that you know is wrong, if you aren't intelligent enough to see it my way, then you are too stupid to live, you should have been killed at birth...

By the way, I was born in Ruislip, Middlesex, My father knocked up some local Essex girl, I was kidnapped, brought to the states, and raised by wolves.

THIS REALM... I love England

Lighten up yo bad self...(all the best and fly safe)

Warmest Regards,

uncaged
A motivational speech huh? I never knew the word 'pinhead' and 'Quit whining, get off your ass and knock on some doors' would be deemed as 'motivational'.

How about showing a little respect for one of your military brothers.

Dont you try and sweet talk me! Tell me how you really feel!

By the way is 'weenie' your favourite word or your hobby :laugh:

Its all good guys... he is right... the civilian aviation world is in turmoil, and what I heard from some of my older military bro's is not what is true anymore... he is right, and I'm glad that he told me truth instead of worthless sunshine.
Now G200 boy, just because I wish to live in the middle of the country and not the coasts doesn't make me a bad person, and asking what is out there in the middle of the country doesn't make me a whiner. It makes me someone who knows what I want, and is looking for information on how to find it. So thank you for understanding.

Latest resources

Back