Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stuckinGFK

Here's the deal:

My girlfriend lives in MSP and that's where I'd like to be also. So my question is, what would everyone do? Apply to Pinnancle or Mesaba so I don't have to commute? Or should I apply to Skywest, Xjet, or Republic and commute?

I have over 1500 tt with 700 multi (400 of that turbine). I've been looking around for jobs and most charter/corporate places would like to see more time so that is why I'm looking at regionals. I have most of the minimums met for that so I'm thinking of giving it a go. The flying interests me and eventually it might help me get to a major or fractional.

Thanks

Here's the deal:

My girlfriend lives in MSP and that's where I'd like to be also. So my question is, what would everyone do? Apply to Pinnancle or Mesaba so I don't have to commute? Or should I apply to Skywest, Xjet, or Republic and commute?

I have over 1500 tt with 700 multi (400 of that turbine). I've been looking around for jobs and most charter/corporate places would like to see more time so that is why I'm looking at regionals. I have most of the minimums met for that so I'm thinking of giving it a go. The flying interests me and eventually it might help me get to a major or fractional.

Thanks

Tough one. There have been a lot of these "which regional" should I go to.. At the end of the day, from my perspective, you are basically rolling the dice. You have to make the best of whatever decision you make. I can tell you that living in your base is pure heaven and I would give my left nut to be able to be based where I live. (and gaurentee it for the next 34 years - I really like my left nut).

Good luck!

I can tell you that living in your base is pure heaven and I would give my left nut to be able to be based where I live. (and gaurentee it for the next 34 years - I really like my left nut).

Good luck!

To play Devil's Advocate, there's something to be said about living where you want to be. I've lived in four different places in the last 3 years between changing bases and changing jobs. Living in base is good for the schedule, but if it is not where you want to be, you still lose. I am not looking forward to commuting, but I'm tired of living in random cities, I'm picking one I want and staying for a while.

To give an objective opinion, I need to know a lot more about your gf. Is she hot? Measurments? Any pics? etc...

(Obviously I am just kidding...but do you honestly really care what a bunch of nameless, faceless schmucks on the internet think?!? Do you think we really care?)

Last edited:
To give an objective opinion, I need to know a lot more about your gf. Is she hot? Measurments? Any pics? etc...

(Obviously I am just kidding...but do you honestly really care what a bunch of nameless, faceless schmucks on the internet think?!? Do you think we really care?)

I can give you all of the details.

Never do anything for a female.

I agree completely, she'll follow you if she knows this is what you really want, if not, bang some f/a's you'll be just fine. I would apply at all of them and make a decision after I have the offers. No sense in worrying about it till then.

I agree completely, she'll follow you if she knows this is what you really want, if not, bang some f/a's you'll be just fine. I would apply at all of them and make a decision after I have the offers. No sense in worrying about it till then.

Yeah, what he said!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back