• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What to do with fuel after testing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Baby sea otters, their fur is quite absorbent, and will hold up to a light twins sumpings, if you need more absorbency try Mallard ducklings. Those of you in the midwest try baby rabbits, almost as good as kittens.
BAAAHAAAA
PBR

If you guys are really worried about an ounce of fuel on the ground, you are crazy. Evaporation will have it gone before it could ever be a factor to the precious environment. Have you seen the gallons of jet fuel that drips out of each jet on a Navy hornet base every day?

Heyas,

Only the organic volitiles evaporate. What's left is the part the EPA is worried about.

It's not too much of a chore to add to the "cleaning solvent" container.

Nu

20 years ago when I learned to fly we dumped it on the ramp. This didnt seem like that big a deal. I was a young lineman at the time and that tiny amount pailed in comparison to the amount of Jet A and 100LL I spilled on the ramp on a daily basis. I do understand trying to avoid contamination of the ramp areas but I don't really see an alternative that is really gonna make that big a deal considering all the fuel that leaks out of aircraft due to venting..

that's why you save it for your Hot Rod....like a 1974 dodge sedan from mount prospect police auction. It has a 440 cubic inch plant and it was made BEFORE the catalytic converter...so it'll run good on regular gas. So is it the new avbug mobile or what?

in my case, I got a '68 red chevelle convertible that I bought brand new. It has 16,466 miles on it.
Where I worked as a lineman in the late 80's they had a contaminated load of 100LL in a fuel truck and said anyone that wanted it could use it as they wished. I was a poor person at the time so I put it in my 86 Mazda B 2000 truck. I drove all over and filled up every day. I couldn't drive enough and my truck never ran better. There was never any adverse effects to my catalytic converter and I drove that truck with no problems for over 150,000 miles. It also breezed through the California emissions test every year. Gotta love Japanese vehicles...

Where I worked as a lineman in the late 80's they had a contaminated load of 100LL in a fuel truck and said anyone that wanted it could use it as they wished. I was a poor person at the time so I put it in my 86 Mazda B 2000 truck. I drove all over and filled up every day. I couldn't drive enough and my truck never ran better. There was never any adverse effects to my catalytic converter and I drove that truck with no problems for over 150,000 miles. It also breezed through the California emissions test every year. Gotta love Japanese vehicles...

Same with my 81 Toyota pickup.

Latest resources

Back