• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What to do when waiting for Pax to return

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If anyone has ever done anything legitmate to make an extra buck during the waitout, I'd love to hear about it. PM me please. I had a real estate license, hard to make that work when on the road.

how about hitting on the the girls that work at the FBO so you have a date when you come back to the city for an overnight

I make it pretty clear to my passengers that the reason I am asking them to call me on my cell when they are on their way back is because I may not be there if they show up unannounced. Most of the guys we fly are pretty cool. Get some business cards made, or use a generic company card... when you are enroute write your name on the generic card with your cell number. Give it to them when they get off the plane. Discuss when they want to leave.
I think that addresses your question directly.

I seem to remember one of those old salts dragging my royal inexperiencedness to the dog track during wait time......but that was a weird company anyway.
I agree with the case-by-case assessment, though I usually hang at the FBO and address a briefcase full of books, magazines, and household mail that needs attending to. Bring a watch or something with an alarm so you can wake yourself up in the snooze room--and the pager/cell, of course.

weeks said:
If anyone has ever done anything legitmate to make an extra buck during the waitout, I'd love to hear about it. PM me please. I had a real estate license, hard to make that work when on the road.

I don't fly for a living, but I can offer what I do for extra income.

Daytrade options. I have traded equities for years but that got "boring" once I got into options. Big risk so don't trade with your mortgage/rent money, but the rewards can be exponential. Doesn't matter if the stock goes up or down, there is money to be made in options. Banged out $8k in March on a $4k trade (google puts). I've lost some too, but the goal is to maximze the profits and minimize the loss.

All you need is $2k and an online brokerage account to get started (I use ameritrade). Check it out.

Personally, I like the "take the airplane and go fishing" idea!

Waiting Time

Just make sure you and other crewmembers and the aircraft are ready to go when the pax arrive.

Last edited:
... and don't have a fit when the line guys take your fishing gear out of the wing lockers....

A book and an iPod are the best things you could ever have when waiting for your peeps to show up. Either that or a dirty magizine and someplace private.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back