What the 717 leaving means

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear,

Believe what u want...You had pay/seats/ATL fence... You traded it away...big mistake and your 717 CPs are paying for it...

Nothing was traded away. The MEC voted down a lopsided ISL with swiss cheese language, with expectation it would then be decided by completely neutral arbitrators, as had been agreed to by all parties. WN mgmt. clearly indicated their intent to abrogate their agreement with subtle, not so indirect threats of job loss. Spin it any way you like, but those are the facts as seen by the FL group.

As far as the Cowboys. I think this is the season. If they don't win, (imho, they are going to get destroyed. Possibly lose Romo for the season against this defense) the best we can hope is 8-8, more likely 6-10. They are a weak team(mentally) from top to bottom. Jerry needs to step down, hire a football GM and let him blow it up and start over. Tired of his PT Barnum sales job every offseason. I'd rather a complete rebuild with players with heart than what we currently have.

Well-said.

I'd offer something childish or petty like "fade to black" but the simple truth is people will continue to sling poo on here when facts are posted that conflict with the kool-aid group-think.

So instead I'll go enjoy my day, see if the Cowboys can pull a win out in BWI, and let you guys have the last (undoubtedly completely inaccurate) say.

COWBOYS!

Well-said.

I'd offer something childish or petty like "fade to black" but the simple truth is people will continue to sling poo on here when facts are posted that conflict with the kool-aid group-think.

So instead I'll go enjoy my day, see if the Cowboys can pull a win out in BWI, and let you guys have the last (undoubtedly completely inaccurate) say.

COWBOYS!
Nothing childish or petty about writing cowboys though...

One word about this whole deal comes to mind on the AT unions actions

Hypocrite.

"The MEC voted down a lopsided ISL with swiss cheese language"

SL9 had pay/seats/ATL fence...but hey Lear moved up 300 numbers in SL10...he should be thanking all the 717 CPs...

Nothing childish or petty about writing cowboys though...
Just my way of saying I'd rather talk about something else without continuing the argument. We've beat this to death.

One word about this whole deal comes to mind on the AT unions actions

Hypocrite.
Pot. Meet Kettle. Your unions' insistence on "using every legal avenue" to enforce the 1/1/15 date so you can net more CA seats than you were expecting when you inked SL10 then getting mad at us for trying to retain them is the very definition of the word.

As far as the Cowboys. I think this is the season. If they don't win, (imho, they are going to get destroyed. Possibly lose Romo for the season against this defense) the best we can hope is 8-8, more likely 6-10. They are a weak team(mentally) from top to bottom. Jerry needs to step down, hire a football GM and let him blow it up and start over. Tired of his PT Barnum sales job every offseason. I'd rather a complete rebuild with players with heart than what we currently have.
I thought that last season, too. Talented guy but just doesn't have what it takes to bring the team together and pull the wins out.

Also thought the same thing about JJ. One of these days maybe he'll step back and let someone really manage the team.

I don't disagree. That's why so many are so aggravated at it. That's why I'm aggravated about it. I'm watching our guys get hosed, and your guys don't give a rat's a$$, you just want more CA seats. We get it.

The whole process, from beginning to end, was smoke and mirrors. It was never designed to give us a fair shake at arbitration, and that is the mistake that the MEC made: to believe that the process was ever going to be allowed to play out the way it was negotiated in the Process Agreement.

Are these "facts" that you continue to spew? Our guys don't give a "RA"? Smoke and mirrors?

Look, I don't doubt that you guys are feeling some sting over on your side. You say that we are trying to gain more and more, but you are filing a grievance to gain more on your side. I know you are going to plead your case about your notes that were recorded in the sessions. Guess what? AT pilots and SWA pilots were not voting on notes. They were voting on the language that they read. We both read the same language and voted accordingly. So, you are trying to maneuver to get something for your guys. Guess what, I don't care. Go for it. Chase every rabbit until you are satisfied, but quit acting like the SWA pilots are piling dirt on you.

You clearly had a path to arbitration. You chose not to accept it. So quit acting like you were hamstrung. Did SWA put pressure on you? Sure they did, but you had a path and you chose not to follow it. Don't forget that you were bought by SWA and they don't like to be told what to do.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back