Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Captain Overs said:
Why not just go to a major then?

Thanks for that, it put a smile on my face.

CA1900 said:
There are better and worse companies out there to work for, but CommutAir is hiring pilots for the Beech 1900 fairly actively, to fill in gaps left by pilots about to go into training for the Dash-8s that are coming online early next year.

Is there a payscale for the Dash yet? Lemme guess, it will be less than the 1900, right? The $$ for the FA will have to come from somewhere!

I counted 16 pax coming off a 1900 in BUF last week. Things must be looking up, that's more people than we would carry for a whole 2 day trip before I left!

gmccrj7 said:
why would anyone would want to go the regionals????? I flew for a regional for 4 years and moved on to fractionals. Financially speaking it was the best decision ever made. Every regional is asking for give backs, and those who hasn't asked for give backs soon will...
Just curious how you would suggest getting the required turbine time to go to a fractional without going to a regional?

shamrock said:
Is there a payscale for the Dash yet? Lemme guess, it will be less than the 1900, right? The $$ for the FA will have to come from somewhere!

No, man.... just forward the rumor I've been spreading: The seniority list is being split in 3 -- the bottom third gets to be our new Dash FAs! :D

(And to answer your question, no, of course there's no new payscale... I predict it'll be announced to coincide with the equipment bids. And it'll be less, because there's an autopilot. Heh.

I counted 16 pax coming off a 1900 in BUF last week. Things must be looking up, that's more people than we would carry for a whole 2 day trip before I left!

Oh, yeah, that one does really well; always has, really. Once we stopped trying to shadow US Airways in the northeast (duh....), the loads got much better.

Latest resources

Back