what plane is a??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

highflying

Ok so I think I am up to speed with most things in aviation. I know what most planes are when I see them in the air but lately I have been hearing people talk about a plane that they refer to as a shorty or a short? Anyone know what type of plane this is. (I am tired of listening to them talk about it and have to act like I know what they are talking about haha)

Do you mean a "Shorts" ? If so its an ugly boxy looking twin engine turbo prop thats apparently very reliable. (however i've never flown one)

Thanks. The guy I knew said he was flying one for some company that is based in Orlando but he is in Texas alot on call. It is one of those PFT things. I dont know the company name but when he told me it was PFT I just bit my lip and told him congrats. Oh and the reason I posted it in here is because it is a cargo company. Thanks again for the help. If you know what company it might be I would like to know. He was telling me how after doing this he will upgrade and all that B.S. I want to read about it so I can see what he got suckered into. Who knows though maybe he didnt get suckered, maybe it really is a good deal I dont mean to bash on him. What works for some doesnt work for others.

Its probably Eagle Jet International that set him up. They do a lot of the PFT stuff. They don't have many of there own planes, mostly farm out the seats from Ameriflight and so on.

Just had a F.O. from those guys. Sounds like they ripped him off pretty good. They make all kinds of promises about jobs with the companys they send pilots to. I would look around before you think about paying them any money.

Oh I am not about to go the PFT route. I am sticking to the good ole CFI jobs. Thats not even going for me. Even if I wanted to go the PFT route I couldnt afford it. I keep being a CFI and earn one hour at a time and see where it takes me.

On demand PFT out of Orlando in a Shorts ? My guess is Skyway based at ISM.

Air Cargo Carriers flys Shorts. That is all they fly for the time being.

Search airliners.net for air cargo carriers and a lot of pictures will pop up.

Wankel

Latest resources

Back