Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what is your favorite job quitting story.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Papps

These would involve parking the plane and walking off, or not resigning but just walking out and never calling back or showing up again. They might be in massively bad form, but they are awsome to hear about.

My personal fav involved a 135 guy landing in a podunk airport (with pax) balling up his uniform in the bathroom garbage and taking a taxi to the closest airline hub to go home. A horrible thing to do, but none the less its a story to be kept around for entertainment purposes (not sure if it really happened, but half of me would really find that fricklarious.)

On my interview at certain night cargo single pilot operation based in Columbus, Ohio. The guys showing us around told us that they have people quit at outstations all the time. Said dispatch will get a call and say "yeah i landed at XYZ airport, I quit send someone down to pickup the plane!" and thats the last they hear from them!

I have had many captains say, man I hate this job, lets both quit at an outstation and Non Rev home before they take us out of the system." Sounds like fun, but I wouldn't want to screw over a bunch of passengers like that, its not their fault our airline sucks. Ok maybe it is with this free market competition economy! Man I should have quit at an outstation. That two week notice thing is overrated!

One time in high school when I worked at Mickey D's. Me and 4 others just quit right when we got a "rush", The manager and one brown noser type were back there working their asses off, while we went outside on the patio and played some cards and smoked some cigarettes. Good Times, i still get a fuzzy feeling when i think of that Ahole manager back there working his arse off!

Last edited:
At Mesa we had a CLT based FA quit in RDU and go home. She lived there. Part 91 flight back. Very funny.

Not a airline story. But I worked for a Bank actually doing collections. My buddy and I went to hooters and decided it was time. Voice mails up the wazoo. I called each one of them and told them I had a bad case of the "***ts". Its burning sooo bad, I can't walk etc. Funny thing is, I did'nt leave the messsages my buddy did. Walked in on monday to HR and said we are done. She said well should we call the managers in? I said no, I think they know why I am quitting! Left and went to winghouse and was there by 11am for a few drinks!

haha awsome I hope this thread survives long enough for a last day fist fight to be tallied up.

Last edited:
Getting called for my new place before I got home. Sending my resignation letter to the CEO, and responding when he asked me why I quit... "YOU"

Who doesn't want to break loose and say that one. The industry is turning fella's. Those due paying BS jobs of no sleep, duty days that start early 4am 5am and keep trunking right past midnight with no sign of slowing down. We will always have days like that, buy they are getter fewer and farrer. Ok, you guys took to long to respond im kind drunk now. but keep those stories going. Love them

My favorite was telling the boss to do the decent thing and not take his family with him when he kills himself in the P-Baron. The resulting shoutfest still gives me chills.

He flew it for better than 300 hours, without either an instrument or multi rating, couldn't pick up a clearance, and thought any airport with a "lander" (ILS) was fair game... even at CATII conditions. He admitted to flying the plane quite drunk before I got hired to drive it.

Whoops. I was wrong. He wrapped himself around a telephone pole on his motorcycle, quite drunk at the time. He was the only one on it. He survived, but is not ambulatory...

My favorite was telling the boss to do the decent thing and not take his family with him when he kills himself in the P-Baron. The resulting shoutfest still gives me chills.

He flew it for better than 300 hours, without either an instrument or multi rating, couldn't pick up a clearance, and thought any airport with a "lander" (ILS) was fair game... even at CATII conditions. He admitted to flying the plane quite drunk before I got hired to drive it.

Whoops. I was wrong. He wrapped himself around a telephone pole on his motorcycle, quite drunk at the time. He was the only one on it. He survived, but is not ambulatory...

... And the world is a safer place. Good for him.

Wasn't me, but I flew at a charter company with a buddy who got a real short notice call for class at some regional. This was 8 or 9 years ago. He was on a trip at the time, and called the boss up and said "this is my last trip, when we get home, I'm done...". Boss said, "well, you're not coming home in my King Air then...". He said, "try and stop me...", flew the plane home and quit.

Latest resources

Back