What is up with Chautauqua ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

back

any info on hireing and a contract ? Are the pilots happy there ? How do they compare with comair and air wiskey ?

Chautauqua

IMO it's a good place to be right now. There are new hire classes starting real soon and the contract is currently in negotiations. Comparing them is hard to do, but remember this;

"The best airline in the world is the one that hires you"

It's musical chairs in this industry right now, so you'll want to take a seat somewhere as soon as you can.

Good luck

Does anyone know for sure if Chautauqua is taking resumes right now? I went to there website and states there are no positions right now. Does anyone have an address and contact name so that I may mail in a resume? Thanks in advance:D

Whats worse, MIL-L-23699 or MIL-G-81322?

ex-Navy rotorhead (didn't fly em', just rode in the back and greased em')

MCO opening

With the opening of a base in MCO next month hiring should start soon. Two jets a month for the next year. This should be the last month for the Saab and when those people are done with training hiring should begin.

See hovernut's post on page three on the Comair classes thread. Seems orders for the Emb135 are backlogged and the opening of the MCO base very delayed. Evidently, Comair is to operate the flights out of MCO at least temporarily. Don't know how this will affect hiring and training at CHQ.

MCO Base

The E135s deliveries are NOT being delayed. The base is set to open Dec. 1st as scheduled with 135s. COMAIR was supposed to do flying in MCO with CRJs until our jets could replace them on selected routes (some of which are available on the following link). The replacement schedule when the codeshare was announced was 2 jets per month until next Oct. I believe.

http://www.delta.com/travel/maps_guides/dest_maps/dsa_chautauqua/index.jsp

This does not include all the cities because TPA and MCO out of Columbus start Nov. 1st and they are not listed.

From what I understand once all the pilots that were terminated will be in the classes until the end of September. Then I think there is a small pool of pilots left over from a year ago that were never given a class date, but stayed in touch. They would probably be the next to go. I'm sure interviews will be starting soon. If you search through old posts you can find the contacts and addresses for resumes.

Latest resources

Back