Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the Process to Jumpseat on Hawaiian?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dash Power

Going later this month from LAX, maybe OAK to HNL.

Can anyone share what I need to do to list and other protocols?

Thanks everyone.

As an F/O let me just say, don't ask the Captain if they "need to see all your stuff", have it ready, offer it, and let the Captain decide whether they want to see it.

We are "Hawaiian" but many still expect "old school" courtesy and respect.

My 2 cents :)

As far as I know, you just ask at either the ticket counter or gate. There is no listing for OAL pilots.

When in HNL you need to list on the phone and then go to a service desk, one is inside security and one is by ticket counter before you go to gate as they process jumpseat. And god forbid you decide to take a different flight and you have to start all over again. And as was mentioned, have everything out to show captain.

When in HNL you need to list on the phone and then go to a service desk, one is inside security and one is by ticket counter before you go to gate as they process jumpseat. And god forbid you decide to take a different flight and you have to start all over again. And as was mentioned, have everything out to show captain.
I'm a Hawaiian Captain and I have never heard of a OAL pilot listing for the jump seat. The only place I know to list is with our dispatch and that is for Hawaiian pilots only. I have seen many OAL pilots walk up to the CSA at the gate and say "I'd like to jump seat please" and be handed a jump seat form. I saw this happen just the other day when I was non-reving HNL-SAN. The only requirement in our FOM is that the pilot makes a jump seat request at least 30 mins prior to departure for international (includes west coast) and 15 mins prior for interisland.

I do believe at some of your boarding gate counters CASS is not available and in these cases the CSA might send you to a service center or a ticket counter.

Jumping on Hawaiian is not hard and every open seat is a jump seat.

I'm a Hawaiian Captain and I have never heard of a OAL pilot listing for the jump seat. The only place I know to list is with our dispatch and that is for Hawaiian pilots only. I have seen many OAL pilots walk up to the CSA at the gate and say "I'd like to jump seat please" and be handed a jump seat form. I saw this happen just the other day when I was non-reving HNL-SAN. The only requirement in our FOM is that the pilot makes a jump seat request at least 30 mins prior to departure for international (includes west coast) and 15 mins prior for interisland.

I do believe at some of your boarding gate counters CASS is not available and in these cases the CSA might send you to a service center or a ticket counter.

Jumping on Hawaiian is not hard and every open seat is a jump seat.

Sorry Jim, but Hawaiian is not always as simple as showing up at the counter...I have more Hawaiian nightmare stories as a percentage of my nightmare stories than any other airline. It can be as simple as walking up to the counter, but do so at your own peril as it then depends on the station/agent you happen to be dealing with.

You are expected to list with reservations 1800-367-5320...even for inter-island. Reservations will not list an offline jumpseater less than two hours prior to departure. If you don't list, you will be at the gate agents mercy.

If you are in Honolulu you need to go to the customer service counter which is in the inter-island terminal...I.e. you are hosed if you are in the mainland/international terminal.

The biggest problem HA used to have was they used to require you to go through security as they made you a "selectee" so you would get "special" treatment from the TSA. I haven't run into this lately but it might be worth checking into. SEA & HNL use to require you to go to the ticket counter first if you were going to the mainland, even if you were already inside security. I've never done OAK-HNL, but it might be worth checking what the protocol is at OAK if you happen to be there ahead of time.

HA is still a little "old school" (not necessarily a bad thing)...in other words I would not show up in jeans or sneakers.

I've NEVER had a problem listing at the gate with Hawaiian, with the exception of HNL, where you have to go to the Special Service counter to do it because the gates don't have CASS access. Never called a phone number before either.

Maybe I've just been lucky.

Latest resources

Back