• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what is the latest at Hawaiian?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey HAL. Are you the one that wrote the pilot report a while ago on Airliners.net? Someone sent it to me in an email and it was really well written. PM me if you want to.

While jumpseating couple days ago on Hawaiian, I heard that everybody who interviewed last summer will have to reinterview in July. Anybody can confirm that?

jmt....i heard that too....if you interviewed last year, you are considered in the 'pool'....they are going to go through those people first and then start new interviews after that.....fingers crossed....

I hear that more interviewing is going on this past week at HAL.... I wonder if they are filling the pool for the strike... getting ready to set up future scabs with jobs.

That thought has been considered and pretty much discarded. There simply is not enough simulator time available anywhere to train replacement 767 and 717 crews. Also, Duane Worth is our representative on the BOD. Regardless of what you think of him or agree with his tenure at ALPA, he is well versed on the matter.
His take is there is no way something like that could even get by the BOD level to be implemented. For sure there will be a few Glen Beck wannabes that will try to fearmonger, but the reality is we are not that far apart and the talks are progressing. The strike vote was to prove to management that we are serious. It appears to be working.

Latest resources

Back