Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the best aviation watch (Zulu time)?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You need to pace yourself, Nu. When you start celebrating the New Year with your favorite holiday hootch this many hours before Midnight, chances are you won't be conscious to yell, "Happy New Year!" at the appropriate time. ;)

_SkyGirl_

But it's true, the lack of pirates DOES cause global warming. The Flying Spaghetti Monster touched me with his noodley goodness and told me so!

Nu

Rez O. Lewshun - Let me add my name to the list of people that have pointed out to you that no one here, to include GVFlyer, has said they needed a Rolex. Pilots buy them because they are reliable watches point designed for aviators.

Well there was this statement

Here's the difference:

Walk into some of the meeting's I frequently have to with a Casio G Shock on your wrist and you lose. Literally and Figuratively. Rolex, Patek, IWC, Omega, Breguet, Cartier,etc. They may not be the best at timekeeping, unnecessary they aren't; they're essential. I'm not defending the accuracy, my Omega and Rolex have proven to be very durable, they don't lose very much time either.

But this is more about the show.... I'd say go to such a meeting without a watch and see what kind of statement you make.. Kinda Bruce Lee's technique: Fighting without fighting.... :D

Then there is this one...

A battery operated watch is not an option for me. In the places I fly I am not going to find anyone to replace a battery in an electronic watch when it fails..

This is the same reason why people drive Luxury SUV's. They justify they need them somehow....

During an IRS audit can you justify a Rolex, Omega or other luxury watch bought at a jewelry store as necessary or required? Are luxury watches stated as required for aviation jobs? I know my flashlight is.... but not my watch.

Breitling has advertisements with F-18 jets and WWII props. I don't think the pilots of these aircraft is thier total market. No, Breitling is appealing to a larger group of consumers.... who want to feel............

like this...

I like operating fast airplanes, fast boats, fast motorcycles and fast cars (although some might take exception to the car statement, I've gone from a 911, to a M3, to a Honda S2000). I like using precision made items whether it's Swiss timepieces, Nikon cameras, Leica binoculars or Perazzi shotguns. I appreciate their craftmanship and how well they function at the task they were designed to perform.

Sounds like luxury watches are a part of this lifestyle and self image. Cool. Sounds like he likes operating fast planes, fast boats, fast bikes, fast cars and luxury watches... cool....

Well there was this statement
Swass said:

Here's the difference:

Walk into some of the meeting's I frequently have to with a Casio G Shock on your wrist and you lose. Literally and Figuratively. Rolex, Patek, IWC, Omega, Breguet, Cartier,etc. They may not be the best at timekeeping, unnecessary they aren't; they're essential. I'm not defending the accuracy, my Omega and Rolex have proven to be very durable, they don't lose very much time either.
Rez O. Lewshun said:
But this is more about the show.... I'd say go to such a meeting without a watch and see what kind of statement you make.. Kinda Bruce Lee's technique: Fighting without fighting.... :D

Looks like you're grasping at straws Rez O. Leshun.

That quote was from Swass not GVFlyer and "essential" doesn't mean "need".

I like operating loud dirty airplanes that wake up the neighbors, I also enjoy getting my hands dirty operating precision tools.

I don't wear a watch often because it gets caught in the engine... how am I going to look walking into the power meeting with no hand to wear an expensive watch on? ;)

I supposed one needs or that its essential to have a Mont Blanc pen instead of a Parker or Zebra. Fast pens are needed to fly fast jets....

More like posturing I suppose, I didn't say I liked it, but that's the way things are.

I own several Mont Blanc pens, I like the black and gold rollerball's the best.

Happy New Year GVFlyer,

How many hands do you need to operate the MontBlanc?

PS ST Dupont makes the best writing instruments :)

Happy New Year to you, Sir!

The Montblanc Meisterstuck, which is the only one I have, is twist to operate, so it takes me two hands to use.

http://www.redfingerprint.com/Mont_Blanc_pen/Montblanc_Meisterstuck_Classique/09625

The S.T. Dupont pens are very nice, but I prefer German craftsmanship to Parisien.

Rez O. Lewshun should be along any minute now to tout the quality of Bic pens and affirm that they are all that anyone ever "needs".

GV

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back