Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is Mesabas and Compass travel benifits?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N813CA

Yeah buddy
Heard Comair is going to get hosed once again and get their benifits screwed and they will be lowered to Mesaba/Compass level. Does anyone know exactly what Mesaba/Compass benifits are? Expecially for parents and employees.

Comair's is the same as Deltas. We are S3 and have 6 S2's. Parents have 18 days of free travel each anywhere in the world all for $50 total each year. Parents are S3B's. And 8 buddy passes for friends that are S4s. I would say that is pretty good.

Wow, they must have been AWESOME if they are being lowered to the Mesaba level....

uh, no. XJ's benefits are basically the bottom of the barrel labled 'ok'.

-No yearly fees
-Everyone but spouse/child pays per leg fees
-No buddy/friend passes at all
-There is some kind of "travel partner" deal but it's pretty convoluted and useless.

It sucks that Comair might be losing real privileges, where is the info coming from?

Non-rev benefits are practically non-existent anyway these days. The flights are ALWAYS full to any destination worth going to. I have had to buy my wife a ticket at the airport numerous times in the last year due to getting stuck. Unfortunately, she couldn't miss work. Now, I just buy her a ticket ahead of time. It's cheaper that way. The airlines ruined the benefit of non-revving by over-selling flights. It's sad when you don't get on, and the person standing next to you that didn't get on starts crying because she actually bought a ticket on the flight. F*ck non-revving. A once great privilege that is now worthless.

Heard Comair is going to get hosed once again and get their benifits screwed and they will be lowered to Mesaba/Compass level. Does anyone know exactly what Mesaba/Compass benifits are? Expecially for parents and employees.

Compass has the equivalent of S2B (5W at NWA). Same as Mesaba as described above except we have useless buddy passes. You have to travel with your buddy. I'll be happy to get Comair's travel benefits even if it's S2B, but it sucks if Comair is brought down in the process.

Won't be S2B...S2 are "high priority" passes that Delta mainline and wholy owned subsidiaries get only 6 of per year. Might be "S3B" which is the boarding priority for retirees and parents.

Regardless, there are many rumors around this. They seem to have started with a change in benefits for the "RHS" people (the mergered Compass, Mesaba, & Comair rampers, gate agents etc) and the rumor seems to have spread to ALL of the 3 carriers in all departments.

Regardless, we will soon find out as in John the 2nd's last msg he said the announcement would be in about two weeks...

Non reving sucks. I would rather buy a cheap ticket on AirTran and fly out of Flint instead of dealing with the BS and full flights in DTW

Mesaba and Compass will come on with S3C, behind mainline retirees and parents. Didn't hear about how Comair and Pinch nickel will go. It sounds like all regional carriers will get the same though. We will see soon. The time line was suppose to be June 1 to have all settled and on TravelNet.

Latest resources

Back