• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is going to happen to EJM ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The CP said the "float" has a limited life span and the schedule will probably change to 6/5 or 6/4. Managed aircraft will be counted on to supply charter lift. No schedule for the floats' demise or pilot scheduled has been shared. The layoffs have been postponed until at least March.... those guys will get NJA interviews...

AP's motivations are only known to him. This is the first time I've heard those words about the "float" being attributed to him. He also said "no layoffs" and five days later he effectively had 7 pilots informed that they were being "re-assigned" from the float. So far though, no one has been laid off. But as you know, EJM is pilot "fat" until more aircraft are put on line....

So, as I understand, nothing is known for sure at this point, and management will not say anything definite, to make their pilots sleep well at night.

AP....

Don't forget the hairpiece!!! I think that too is absolute!!

I like AL Pod, he's been great leader I think, but its just my opinion. Its just this feeling of not knowing, what is going to happen to all of in the future....

A Few EJM Questions...

Quick questions about EJM:

1. Are new-hire pilots assigned to a particular aircraft and location?

2. Do pilots need to be type-rated on a specific aircraft or are they trained to fill an opening on a certain aircraft?

3. As far as compensation is concerned, is it similar to EJA? If a Global Express FO is hired, how do they determine his salary - is it based on type of aircraft (let's say he is typed in the Global, for example)?

4. What about mobility in EJM from one aircraft to another? Can you get hired as a Citation Ultra captain and then move to a Falcon 50EX a few years later - can you bid for certain aircraft?

Sorry about all the questions. I haven't bumped into many EJM pilots and I have wondered about these things for quite some time.

Thanks

1) Yes - if you're hired to a managed aircraft it will be a particular aircraft at a particular base. The 'float' discussed earlier in the thread is a live anywhere kind of deal but I don't look for that to be around much longer.

2) No - in most cases you'r enot required to be typed - they send you to school. Generally an SIC only checkout during initial and a type rating at your first recurrent.

3) Not even close to EJA compensation rules - payscale is set for the float pilots - pay on a managed airrcaft just depends on what the owner of the aircraft is willing to pay

4) Mobility and advancement opportunities are virtually non-existent at this time at EJM. The company is getting alot of new airplanes on contract however most are coming with a crew. With the company currently being way overstaffed and the uncertainity of what's happening with the float aicrcaft things are going to be stagnant at EJM for a while.

PM me for more info if you wish

Latest resources

Back