• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is a LR24?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess there are some people out there that think the ID for Learjet is still LR. It changed to LJ about 6 years ago when the FAA changed the ID's. Lets get it right folks.

Still says LR-JET on my type rating.......Issued in the last 5 years......

I assume you mean LJ vs LR for filing a flight plan. Yes?

My certificate says the same. However, FAA Order 7340.1V, Contractions, Chapter V, lists the Learjet designator as LJ.

The foreward to te above document states it's purpose as:

This Handbook contains the approved word and phrase contractions used by personnel of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and other agencies that provide air traffic control, communications, weather, charting, and associated aviation-communication services. Also contained are aircraft-type designators; civil aircraft company three-letter identifiers and telephony designator assignments; aircraft nationality assignments; and civil/military aircraft-type designators.

In the first chapter is also states:

This Order contains the approved word and phrase contractions used by personnel of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). It is also used by other agencies that provide air traffic control, communications, weather, charting, and associated services.

5 posts! Wonder if the first four were any better?

With 19000 hours, you should know by now that it will always be LR to some, no matter what the FAA says.

Heck, I still meet people that fly the FanJet Falcon.

My types say DA20 and DA2000. I'll never refer to them as a FA20 or F2TH.

Who cares?

Latest resources

Back