Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What international airlines hire Americans?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do a websearch for IASCO, Hawaiian Air Service, and Gap Aviation. All provide contract pilots for overseas operations. There are plenty of name brand overseas companies hiring right now.

http://gapaviation.com

Interivews tend to be a little more rigorous and "old school" than US interviews. They dont' have the American's with Disabilities Act, so expect a long physical. Many also do a sim eval in the 747 or an equivelent type big jet.

Last edited:
Which foreign airlines allow pilots to be based in the U.S? I know Cathay does, I thought I read somewhere that Dragonair will have U.S bases. I'm single right now but I can't imagine living long term overseas. How do you guys handle it, do you fly back home after the month's flying is done?

Plenty of Yankee, Canadian and Australian pilots at KLM.

first year s/o : E 40.000
Capt top widebody: E 230.000

Tax is a bit higher over there though, don't forget!

How do you guys handle it
Well lets see, beer-.80 to 1.00, dinner and drinks for two 11.00, three story new home 600.00 / mos, average local salary less than 100.00 USD., taxi to anywhere locally less 4.00 maximum. Basically where I live (Asia), you can live like a king and save a good bit of change, handled quite easily.:D

Latest resources

Back