What hours got you in the door

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dasburt

For all of you fellow aviators that have been hired and are awaiting a class date or have started class, how about posting your hours you had when you interviewed and the company that hired you..

Oh yea congratulations to all of you on getting hired. :)

1525/500.....with colgan air in august. They hired me. same time with ACA in august, they gave me the no thank you letter 3 weeks later. I actually did way better on the ACA interview. Well now I am flying regular lines with colgan, I have atleast 75 hours of flying in november. I'll have about 200 turbine by the time I would have started class with ACA. And by next summer I'll be about to upgrade, if things are still going good. And since colgan pays for a hotel, and more $ per day in training, I'm not as broke right now either. I wanted the ACA job though, and won't know for a long time which one would have been better for me over time. We'll see.

Times

I had 1200 total/1000 ME turbine when I got picked up by Comair last Feb. I was right at the minimums but it shows they factor in other things besides hours when evaluating your experience level. I would think with your Navy training and P-3 experience, you shouldn't have a problem...just be patient...it was several months before I heard back from Comair.

$1500 per month for the 1900. That's the 75 hour gaurantee. Saab pays a little more, and they are interviewing for both planes i think. Check the website for bases i guess, they have a lot. Syracuse is a new one. All over the northeast. It is all changing a lot, due to expansion. Which is a good thing. Keeps it exciting. I really having nothing bad to say about the company at all.

1500/300 a little turbine

I don't care what anyone says. Persistance pays. Systematically send out your stuff. Follow the rules and pray. Got hired two months ago.

Quals that got me interviews

First off, I was in the market twelve years ago. I never was hired, but I had interviews. I had my first interview, in 1990 with WestAir/United Express, with 2800 total, 630 of multi, and my ATP. In those days, most commuters wanted 1500 total/500 multi and your ATP.

Hope that adds perspective.

I agree with Spike 100%. Keep sending materials. Send every time you add 100 hours. Send if you earn a rating. Without fail, send when you earn your ATP. Send materials if you move. Send a fresh app every year. Just be careful to adhere to the company's rules on updating and, above all, read the d@mn instructions for when and how to update.

Best of luck with your job search.

While we are on this subject

While we are on this subject, how do the airlines feel about people sending in their resume slightly under the published mins?

Example, Comair, their published mins are 1200\100 I think. Their time from resume submission to interview is about 2 months at minimum. Is it OK to submit at say 1100 or so hours, knowing that most likely before the I would get called for an interview I would have well over the mins(Even though the chances of getting called for the interview at mins is pretty small).

Do companies look at people whom submit resumes before the mins as rule breakers and can not follow guidance? Do they assume that since they can not follow the rules of submitting your resume at the right time, you may have an issue of following the company op spec rules later? Or do they look at early submitters as go-getters and enthusiastic people who are excited about the possibility of working for XYZ company?

pmoffitt,

Just send it out, it shows interest in the company. If you have a flying job you'll have the time soon enough. Just update when you've got the time. Sometimes the minimums are not set in stone anyway, you might get a call.

Similiar to a previous post, I was hired at Mesaba in '95. I had 2800 total and 500 multi. Had been sending resume's for years.

Latest resources

Back