• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Has Gone Right In Iraq

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Re: Simple view for me and bottom line.

Typhoon1244 said:
What about Supreme Court APPOINTED PRESIDENTS? :D

(Relax, I'm not one of those Gore nuts. I think there's definitely a 60% chance our last election was valid.)
And speaking of intelligent...

The Supreme Court ruled that the Democrat Party could not cherry-pick districts to recount votes. That sounds so unfair to me...

:rolleyes:

TonyC said:
When 100LL... Again! said "you" - - he meant YOU. The pronoun in this case was second person, meaning he was referring to the party he was addressing. Just trust me here--he didn't mean "anyone" as you concluded. He meant you, Typhoon1244.
Tony, all this proves is your inability to read and comprehend a couple of paragraphs. If "you" referred to me specifically, then why the use of the plural word "cowards?"
Now, I realize that when you misquote someone, it makes it easier to criticize what they said (didn't say).
This is why I took great care in quoting him exactly. You're lying, Tony. Why?
If you can't deal logically with the words he speaks, you should back off. When you twist his words in order to attack him, you have already conceded defeat.
100LL said: "Bush did the right thing, and you only hate him because in your cowardice you fear that angering these arab nutcases further will disturb your pleasant little life. Cowards. I bet there is nothing you would be willing to die for."

In other words, those who "hate" Bush for invading Iraq are "cowards."

This isn't hard, Tony. 100LL said something inflammatory and inaccurate, and I called him on it. The idea that anyone who believes Iraq was the wrong war at the wrong time is a coward is asinine.

Finally, are you 100LL's father? Big brother? Mentor? Is there some reason he's unable to discuss this himself, and relies on you to trump up some contorted defense for his statement?

Typhoon1244 said:
You're lying, Tony. Why?
You know what? It's probably not worth my time to discuss this any further, but I don't take too kindly to being called a liar. It's pretty pathetic that you can't carry an argument on facts and logic and that you're small enough of a person to resort to namecalling and personal attacks.

Let's review.

100LL... Again! said:
Listen you sophists:

If a cop asks you to submit to a breathalyzer and you refuse, they are allowed to assume you were drinking, and you will be penalized to a sometimes greater degree than if you took the test and failed.

Saddam refused to submit to real inspections.

Therefore we are allowed to assume he had them.

Therefore Bush was justified. Besides, it needed doing anyway.

Final score, Bush did the right thing, and you only hate him because in your cowardice you fear that angering these arab nutcases further will disturb your pleasant little life.

Cowards. I bet there is nothing you would be willing to die for.
Typhoon1244 said:
100LL says that anyone who disagrees with the President is a moron and a coward...

OK. Now let's do a little work here. Find the word "anyone" in 100LL's post. (It's not there.)

Find the word "disagree" in 100LL's post. (It's not there.)

Find the word "moron" in 100LL's post. (It's not there.)

You misquoted 100LL... Again! and then have the audacity to call ME a liar! ? !
Typhoon1244 said:
This is why I took great care in quoting him exactly.
Is this one of those "it depends on the definition of the word 'exactly'" moments?
Typhoon1244 said:
100LL said: "Bush did the right thing, and you only hate him because in your cowardice you fear that angering these arab nutcases further will disturb your pleasant little life. Cowards. I bet there is nothing you would be willing to die for."

In other words, those who "hate" Bush for invading Iraq are "cowards."

This isn't hard, Tony. 100LL said something inflammatory and inaccurate, and I called him on it. The idea that anyone who believes Iraq was the wrong war at the wrong time is a coward is asinine.
Another exercise:

Find the word "anyone" in 100LL's post. (It's not there.)

Find the phrase "wrong war" in 100LL's post. (It's not there.)

Find the phrase "wrong time" in 100LL's post. (It's not there.)

There IS something asinine here, and it involves the way you distort the truth. If this is the way you go about "correcting" inaccuracies, it's no wonder you're so confused.

Typhoon1244 said:
Finally, are you 100LL's father? Big brother? Mentor? Is there some reason he's unable to discuss this himself, and relies on you to trump up some contorted defense for his statement?
What difference does it make? Do you and 100LL have some sort of ownership of this thread whereby other parties are not allowed to participate? Does the truth so boldy spoken make you so uncomfortable that you must question the credentials or motivations of others who disagree with you?

I am an advocate for truth and logic, and you encroached upon both. That's why I spoke up. Remember it was you that implied that 100LL... Again! had no right to use the word "coward" unless he had served in the military. Hogwash! If you 've ever followed my posts you might notice I don't play favorites, and I don't keep score. I'll just as soon take up for anybody that speaks the truth as I will shine the light of truth on that very same person should he/she try to pull some silly stunt like you just did. I try to refrain from attacking people - - stick to the ideas. You and I might share some of the same ideas - - and there are certainly some we don't. I can deal with that. Being called a liar is a whole different ballgame.

And I don't keep track of where 100LL... Again! (or anyone else) is or why they don't post. Who knows, maybe he's a pilot and he's been working for the past few days. Who cares?

TonyC said:
...I don't take too kindly to being called a liar.
Nor do I take too kindly to being called a coward.

And I've got to be honest, I'm not at my best when I'm pissed, so hear me out:

If you've read 100LL's posts over the last year, then you know he is a far-right-wing conservative. I honestly think he believes that anyone who disagrees with G.W.B. is a coward and a moron. This was on my mind when I replied to his "cowards" speech, and--I'll fess up--I paraphrased his post. So you're right, I did misquote him. Guilty.

To be honest, I wasn't thinking about that particular post when I accused you of lying about it. You weren't, and I apologize.

I stand by this, however: 100LL's post suggests that if "you" dislike the President because of his Iraq policy (and I have other, more important reasons for disliking the President), then "you" are a coward. Can we agree on that?

I guess Lord Helmet was right: "...Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb."

Typhoon1244 said:
If you've read 100LL's posts over the last year, then you know he is a ...
Like I said, I don't keep track of everyone's political or religious or airline affiliations or leanings. I don't have a database that I consult to determine how I should fashion a response to any particular post. I respond to what's said, and not who said it. I believe I can be more objective that way. There are a few cases where I have engaged in a long series of posts exchanged between myself and another where I've been given more insight into the individual on particular subjects - - such as Super 80 and Timebuilder - - but those are rare exceptions. What 100LL says is what he says, and it's not biased in my mind by what I think he believes.

Typhoon1244 said:
I honestly think he believes that anyone who disagrees with G.W.B. is a coward and a moron. This was on my mind when I replied to his "cowards" speech, and--I'll fess up--I paraphrased his post. So you're right, I did misquote him. Guilty.
Perhaps that perception affected your ability to understand what he was trying to say. This type of communication makes it difficult, at best, to exchange ideas, and we should always be aware of the inherent obstacles of this method. Perhaps he is frustrated that intelligent people can think the way you do? I’m not trying to put words in his mouth, but I’m sure you can understand that sentiment, right?

Typhoon1244 said:
To be honest, I wasn't thinking about that particular post when I accused you of lying about it. You weren't, and I apologize.
Apology accepted.

Typhoon1244 said:
I stand by this, however: 100LL's post suggests that if "you" dislike the President because of his Iraq policy (and I have other, more important reasons for disliking the President), then "you" are a coward. Can we agree on that?
No, not really. In the first place, there’s a wide spectrum of emotions between “like” and “hate,” and it looks to me like he’s speaking to people that appear to “hate” President Bush because they’re afraid of their own lives being upset. He didn’t say anybody has to like President Bush.

For the record, I have not defended the position that 100LL… Again! took, nor have I professed an undying and unconditional love for the President. I don’t agree with everything he has done, but I do agree that taking the war against terrorism into Iraq was the right thing to do, and I think it would be wrong to walk out now and leave a power vacuum (hey, look Mar, I got it right this time! :) ) behind. It’s our responsibility now to insure that some sort of stable government is in place before we abandon the cause.

The only reason I spoke up is I felt like you misrepresented what 100LL… Again! said, and now that we can agree on that point, it’s probably time for me to bow out of the discussion. As upset as I got about being called a liar, I think I must be taking this too seriously, and I need a hiatus.

Y’all have fun.

TonyC said:
Apology accepted.
Very gracious of you.

I am learning that conservatives, regardless of their twisted morality, will almost always win this type of argument because their technical debating skills are superior. Like I said: "...Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb."

Wrong again

Evil won't triumph!!! Because of people like me and the 4 million members of our armed forces that will stand and oppose it. Not because we are better debaters... We aren't better debaters we just aren't appeasers. God I hate this debate...let's move on to something like life on Mars.

Re: Wrong again

Benhuntn said:
Evil won't triumph!!! Because of people like me and the 4 million members of our armed forces that will stand and oppose it.
Steady...that's not the kind of evil I was talking about.

Typhoon,

Regarding the Bush quote: Why would he lie about something so easily provable? That makes no sense. There is no valid reason for him to lie about how he found out about the attacks.

First, I'm not sure the quote is authentic. The only places that I have found it are on the web sites of Bush haters. I can't find it on a reputable, neutral site.

Second, even if he did say it, it wouldn't be a lie if that is how he remembered it. Eyewitness testimony is notoriously erroneous. 9-11 was probably the highest stress day in Bush's life. His memories of that day are probably a whirlwind of images that may have meshed together inaccurately.

But frankly, I don't think that he said it. If he had, the mainstream press would have picked up on it. I mean, you're claiming he said it on CNN.

Latest resources

Back