• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What has ALPA done for me lately?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
O.K. I've gotta ask....How many wives do you have, and how do you afford more than 1?

:laugh: Okay...you got me. But to answer your question...one and one only, for 21 years. It rocks to get to live with someone you both love and like and the same time...

The pilot in question wasn't me...but a friend got lectured while he was on the road with a wife in pre-term labor.

At the same time, we DO have a few guys who have had multiple wives...some at different times and some concurrently. The latter examples have led to so pretty interesting stories...

Albie... contact your CA..... I am sure s/he can get the answer.... especially if you are still a block rep....

ALPA has done nothing but dumb-down scope, wages, and working conditions for the last 10 years. It a disgrace of a union.

And now they want to give the airlines more flying hours per day that'll kill even more mainline pilot jobs.

ALPA has done nothing but dumb-down scope, wages, and working conditions for the last 10 years. It a disgrace of a union.

And now they want to give the airlines more flying hours per day that'll kill even more mainline pilot jobs.

Gee, Rez

Looks like it's not all sunshine and puppies....

Let me know when they get real and start taking care of the REAL problems facing the industry:
1. Abolshing or at least attempting to amend the RLA forcing companies to negotiate in good faith and stop the downward spiral of the industry.
2. Getting Regional Jets put back on property of the major airlines. This also contributed heavily to the downward spiral of the profession. Instead they allowed everyone to get bigger RJs.

These two things should be first and foremost on ALPAs mind....and they just....aren't. Poop.

Gee, Rez

Looks like it's not all sunshine and puppies....
Yep, mama never said it life is easy but when you grow up and sit at the adult table it is not all sunshine.

You've consistently have had two choices:

1. Be a professional and sit at the table with labor, govt, management and industry and address complex problems working together (sometimes) to find solutions.

2. Be a child and be told what, where, when, how and why to act. Be spoken to but not be afforded the right to speak and represent yourself. In other words... sunshine and puppies.

While you've been told you operate in the realm of #1, you can use the process of elimination to figure out reality. (let me know if you need a hint)

Rez, Do you sit at the same table with Timmy?

CFIT.... what is your position on the issues?

What are the issues?

ALPA can't even deal with it's own issues...There is still a conflict of interest issue between regional and mainline members of ALPA. Maybe if ALPA could resolve some it's internal issues, more people would see some value in ALPA...Until then, most of us see ALPA for what it is.

Until then, most of us see ALPA for what it is.

......said the ALPA pilot who brags about his six figure salary and 18 days off a month flying a 50 seat RJ..........

I hope that if I ever end up at an ALPA regional that ALPA "fails" me as badly as it "failed" you......

Latest resources

Back