Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What happened to Skywest taking over the USAir/Mesa PHX ops?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someone told me that the BK judge told Jerry that if he wanted to buy the Mesa Assets, he would have to take all of the employees too. Jerry doesn't like being told anything, but hopefully the United and CAL MECs will tell him "all your 70 seat flying belong to us."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ya, but the Delta pilots only give up scope, so you will still be begging rides to Montana from the SkyWest pukes. Even when it is in 100 seat planes.

Never going to happen, The company will throw cash at the boys at the top of list and the scope will allow 70 seat jets.

Really? With all this hype, in PUBLIC, you really think they will just take extra cash and then walk away? VERY DOUBTFUL. ALPA would be emptied even more by every junior pilot, and I just don't see that happening. I think you need to re-read some of the public statements as of late, including the one from the UAL MEC Chair lady that was recently published. But hey, if you are certain of that, then keep running with it! You can do it Clark!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ya, but the Delta pilots only give up scope, so you will still be begging rides to Montana from the SkyWest pukes. Even when it is in 100 seat planes.

Riiiiight. Hey, DL now fly mainline planes to Montana from MSP. How convienent.......But you forgot about that.... And thanks to the strengthening balance sheet, BK is very unlikely again, which is the only way even larger planes will go to DCI. I think you SkyWest pilots need to focus on your bigger problem now, which is a joint attack on your current ops by UAL/CAL MECs. Enjoy that, and your $1 raise per hour.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General has a point, but even he will agree they will sacrifice significant potential hourly pay rate increases for scope. 70 and higher seat aircraft will remain in the brand's fleet plan, flown by mainline pilots if, and that is an enormous if, it can be negotiated.

General has a point, but even he will agree they will sacrifice significant potential hourly pay rate increases for scope. 70 and higher seat aircraft will remain in the brand's fleet plan, flown by mainline pilots if, and that is an enormous if, it can be negotiated.

Look at current rates and start there. Thanks to stagnation at the regionals, 70 seat Captains are fairly well paid because they have longevity at the regionals. So, looking at those current higher rates (not first year Capt rates), I bet something could be negotiated with those current salaries in mind.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Look at current rates and start there. Thanks to stagnation at the regionals, 70 seat Captains are fairly well paid because they have longevity at the regionals. So, looking at those current higher rates (not first year Capt rates), I bet something could be negotiated with those current salaries in mind.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Best of luck Gen, but you are quick to forget, the mainline rate on these planes would have to be much lower than the DCI rate in order to match our costs. Our dispatchers, mechanics, FAs, all have lowere rates than mainline.

Personally I think all of that is a bad thing, but I didn't write this story.

Riiiiight. Hey, DL now fly mainline planes to Montana from MSP. How convienent.......But you forgot about that.... And thanks to the strengthening balance sheet, BK is very unlikely again, which is the only way even larger planes will go to DCI. I think you SkyWest pilots need to focus on your bigger problem now, which is a joint attack on your current ops by UAL/CAL MECs. Enjoy that, and your $1 raise per hour.

Bye Bye---General Lee

1$????
Try 30 cents. As to the msp to MT flying, more and more of those flights are compass.
I am not at all opposed to the planes going to mainline. I would welcome more growth at mainline. My goal is to be at mainline. However, realistically the maainline pilots are NEVER getting the rjs back. They simply wont pay what it will cost. How much of a pay cut will you take in that 767 in order to bring the rjs in house? Which work rules will you give UP? on the other hand, how much of a pay raise would it take to sell out the 100 seat aircraft? What do you see the green slippers doing? Taking the raise, or taking the paycut?

1$????
Try 30 cents. As to the msp to MT flying, more and more of those flights are compass.
I am not at all opposed to the planes going to mainline. I would welcome more growth at mainline. My goal is to be at mainline. However, realistically the maainline pilots are NEVER getting the rjs back. They simply wont pay what it will cost. How much of a pay cut will you take in that 767 in order to bring the rjs in house? Which work rules will you give UP? on the other hand, how much of a pay raise would it take to sell out the 100 seat aircraft? What do you see the green slippers doing? Taking the raise, or taking the paycut?

I went to Montana twice this last Summer, and both times I flew A319s both ways. Maybe Compass goes to Montana more in the Winter, and that's great because I will be flying to Buenos Aires. Also, in good times, mainline pilots don't have to take as many concessions compared to a down year for negotiating a contract. Even the Dalpa MEC Chair LM has worked very hard with management for a smooth merger, which supposedly will mean easier negotiating. (that is the route he chose, and it has produced a couple articles about "working with management" vs Chaos) So, there will be major improvements. Also, the CEO of Delta has been telling everyone on weekly phone messages that many RJs are on the way out anyway, doing the job for DALPA. So, there won't be much "give back" on the pilot side this time. Thanks to oil being at $130 a barrel when DL/NW got the joint contract, contract gains were few just after the merger. Not much gained back at all from the BK contract before. So, with a better economy this time and lower oil, it will be called RESTORATION. As far as the RJs go, let's all watch how the UAL/CAL stuff works out. I think they may be serious....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back