Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DesertFalcon

Member since 1999
Whatever happened to the Guns in the Cockpit issue?
Didn't Congress pass a bill, recently, relating to this topic?

Just wondering.....

DesertFalcon

The senate and the house have to go to committee to agree on a final bill to send to the white house. Then it's up to the president whether we are able to protect the airplanes and pax we are responsible for. It will probably be at least 6-8 months before the first pilot is able to have a gun on the flight deck.

Well, I hope this passes. I support the concept of armed pilots. I think the "Right to Bear Arms" is not limited to its location.

In fact, perhaps we should even let the passengers carry guns.

Crazy as it sounds, who would attack and aircraft full of armed passengers?

Now, we have a real topic to discuss!

How many of you think the Right to Bear Arms is unlimited under the Constitution?

DesertFalcon

======================================

CRJ200FO said:
The senate and the house have to go to committee to agree on a final bill to send to the white house. Then it's up to the president whether we are able to protect the airplanes and pax we are responsible for. It will probably be at least 6-8 months before the first pilot is able to have a gun on the flight deck.

Open mouth, insert foot (again)

Well, I hope this passes. I support the concept of armed pilots. I think the "Right to Bear Arms" is not limited to its location.

In fact, perhaps we should even let the passengers carry guns.

Crazy as it sounds, who would attack and aircraft full of armed passengers?

Now, we have a real topic to discuss!

How many of you think the Right to Bear Arms is unlimited under the Constitution?

DesertFalcon

Now there's a novel idea: "let the passengers carry guns." Last I checked, the pax were doin' a pretty good job of arming themselves. (Wasn't there an incident last September with a bunch of freaks flying big planes into bigger buildings?) Duhh, gee Wally, I dunno.

Forget the terrorists; what about the other drunks and nutcases? And even otherwise good people--people you'd never suspect--can crack and do crazy things.

Ya don't arm the inmates! Let the air marshals have the weapons. I'm busy flyin' the plane, thank you very much.

And the last thing that I want is some of these Yahoo pilots packin' heat!

Whataya nutz????

:confused:

Since when did the pilots become inmates? It scares me to know there are people who need the government to think for them. Cradle to grave...

Not the pilots, the passengers! But, hey, we've all flown with a few pilots that we knew shouldn't be armed!

Latest resources

Back