What happened at NY approach today ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerflyer

I know it's the NE but 3 holds within 75 miles going into TEB this afternoon from the north. Seems like it was more than typical saturation. Heard that departures were also delayed big time. Any inside scoop ? Wx was clear and a million.

I was told by gate hold at TEB too muh volume?!?

Mmu

I left MMU at 1100 and had to wait about 15 minutes. GND said that it was TRACON but as usual w/MMU they gave no explanation. Seemed odd for that time of day.

Hog

We were in the que there in TEB for 3 hours before we were released! Pretty big storms right over NY. Not sure what shut it off though.

Sunny, clear day in NY/Wash area is just as bad as a total IFR day. The good weather lets all the posers actually go up while at least on an IFR day some of em throw in the towel.

hawkerflyer said:
I know it's the NE but 3 holds within 75 miles going into TEB this afternoon from the north. Seems like it was more than typical saturation. Heard that departures were also delayed big time. Any inside scoop ? Wx was clear and a million.

yeah i got crapped on in teb too...70 min gate hold then they got us taxiing and we sat for 50 min, number 8 for t/o on rw1...supposedly a ******************** load of volume, and there was only one departure frequency up and running!!

it must be something going on this week b/c the same thing happened to us on thurs. we shut down and started up 3 times waiting to get out of TEB. first there was a thunderstorm on the field. after that, who knows. we sat in the runup for 2 hours.

Rumor has it that many long island atc types are letting the government know how they feel about the cram-down contract by calling in sick.

It is volume, but not more volume than normal, just enough volume to cause backups in an understaffed condition.

Remember, these guys know where the weakness of the system are, so it doesn't take a lot of them to sick out to wreak havoc.

100k is nothing living on long island and doing a job that you burn out pretty quick.

If you think 100k is a lot to live out in Ronkomo you are high.

Glad to see they saw what the gov't did the FSS stations and are making sure that their opinion is well known.

Latest resources

Back