Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shooter

Call me the Tumblin' Dice
What the heck is DHL doing? Someone please help me understand...is DHL in the domestic business or not?

WESTON, Fla., March 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas has joined the growing list of states and federal agencies that trust DHL Global Mail for secure, cost-effective delivery of their mail and small parcels. The state of Texas recently awarded DHL Global Mail a 4-year contract for domestic and international shipping and mailing. In Texas, the Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA) strongly encourages all state agencies to contract with vendors that represent the best value for the state.

http://sev.prnewswire.com/transportation-trucking-railroad/20090302/NY7750802032009-1.html

...Someone please help me understand...is DHL in the domestic business or not?

Yes, they apparently are. I just ordered some Apple software for my daughter and they are using DHL Globalmail to ship domestically. The package went from Elk Grove, CA to Moscow, ID with a stop in Union City, CA with this comment, "HANDED TO POSTAL SERVICE FOR DELIVERY." Not sure how that is profitable for them but that is their current business model.

Wow, it sounds like a game of 3 card monte. Work the stuff they don't want into the DHL Express while they slide accounts over to Global Mail then shut down the domestic Express. Try to overlook the workers getting shafted in the process.

Wow, it sounds like a game of 3 card monte. Work the stuff they don't want into the DHL Express while they slide accounts over to Global Mail then shut down the domestic Express. Try to overlook the workers getting shafted in the process.

Yeah, it's more like "hide-the-sausage".

Latest resources

Back