What does it takes to get interview with Atlas/Polar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Atlas Air Pilot Recruitment

From the Atlas Air website: http://www.atlasair.com/aa/contact/careers/default.asp

Welcome to Atlas Air Pilot Recruitment!
Atlas is currently accepting resumes from qualified candidates for future 747 First Officer Positions.
Please email your resume to [email protected].

First Officer - Boeing 747
Minimum Requirements
- 3,500 hours total time in airplanes

- 1,000 hours turbine Jet PIC

- A minimum of 2,500 hours of turbine jet time.

- FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certification.

- Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate

- FCC Radio License

- Legally authorized to work in the USA

- Current Passport

- Ability to pass a 10-year security background check and a pre-employment drug test.

- Glass cockpit experience preferred

From the Atlas Air website: http://www.atlasair.com/aa/contact/careers/default.asp

Welcome to Atlas Air Pilot Recruitment!
Atlas is currently accepting resumes from qualified candidates for future 747 First Officer Positions.
Please email your resume to [email protected].

First Officer - Boeing 747
Minimum Requirements
- 3,500 hours total time in airplanes

- 1,000 hours turbine Jet PIC

- A minimum of 2,500 hours of turbine jet time.

- FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certification.

- Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate

- FCC Radio License

- Legally authorized to work in the USA

- Current Passport

- Ability to pass a 10-year security background check and a pre-employment drug test.

- Glass cockpit experience preferred

Funny. As a captain on the 747 at Kalitta, I don't have the mins to get hired as an FO at Atlas. I don't have the 1000 hours PIC jet yet. :laugh:

Funny. As a captain on the 747 at Kalitta, I don't have the mins to get hired as an FO at Atlas. I don't have the 1000 hours PIC jet yet. :laugh:

Your bragging about this?
I think it's scary!

And back to the topic of the post, many of the f/o's at all the fr8dog airlines can hardly speak english so I would not worry about it.

If you don't know why you have just made my point and that is even more frightning.

Holy S___

emb said he didnt have the 1000 jet pic. He could have 900? How else is he suppose to get that 1000 besides at some point someone sees his ability as a co pilot and then he upgrades? why would that be scary?

Are they really nazi's about the "Jet" time. Currently a turbo prop CA. I was thinking get my 1000 and a job with a less than desirable operation with big planes than try and get a job with Atlas or Emirates. Think that would work?

Anyone know if Kevin M (Vegas) is still with Polar? Have an email address or anything? I lost it a while back (head crash) and haven't been able to find it.

Are they really nazi's about the "Jet" time. Currently a turbo prop CA. I was thinking get my 1000 and a job with a less than desirable operation with big planes than try and get a job with Atlas or Emirates. Think that would work?

Hey man, congrats on getting the upgrade over there.

Whats up Alaska, long time no see! This is Brinton. Got to get some beers next time your in town. Give me a call.

Latest resources

Back