What does it take?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Unwound

OK, lurking mode off. I am just curious as to what airlines like Jet Blue consider competetive mins for someone with 135 jet Charter PIC time. I currently have 5200TT and 2300 Jet Pic. I have had my app in with Jet Blue for around 2.5 yrs. I have even read the book Blue Streak about the airline and David Neeleman.

I am just getting a little antsy waiting for a call/e mail from you good folks. My golf game is starting to suffer.

thanks for any comments

Go get a gulfstream type and some time in type and you'll get a call.

EVERYONE I know that flies a G that put an app in was called.

Hey Unwound:

Just want to tell you good luck and hang in there. It took me about 4 years to get called. I know some guys got called after only 6 months. I know of a few corporate guys here with no prior 121 time. Not sure what the magic formula is for getting the call. Don't quote me on this but the last time I heard they were pulling apps from 5 different backgrounds. 20 % Legacy (furloughed), 20% regional, 20% corporate, 20% cargo and 20% military. Not sure if you fit more than one background where they would place you. You only compete with the applicants in your category. This is what I heard about a year ago so I'm not sure if it's still the current way of picking guys out of the pot.

The manager of hiring is Dean Melonas, I guess you can always "landshark" the guy and wait for him in the parking lot and try to talk to him face to face like some guys did at AA with Cecil Ewell or Plato Rhyne at Delta.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back