Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What does Apr'08 hire date buy u at SWA

Capn Butthead;2222171 And with the rumored new base in lax that will spread things out also.[/QUOTE said:
How come there has never been a LAX base with all the flying out of there? Is this a legitimate rumor?

I've heard from several union folks that it is true. I even asked about the expensive labor laws of CA...they said it will be necessary for the hawaii flying. It would be interesting to see how senior LAX would be!

Just jumpsat on US Airways. Pilots told me they were drawing down even more in Las Vegas. Maybe more growth for us there?

I was hired a year ago, and our outlook due to retirements beats your certain stagnation easily. Anyone going to SWA now gets to sit behind all the young Airtran guys, and only 150 or so retirements per year for the next decade. Would newhires now get Airtran or SWA rates btw? Anyone who decides that will have to eat that turd sandwich for years, below the trannies.

Godspeed!

OYS

You obviously assume a future mainline Delta maintaining 12,000ish pilots to fuel your progression. A junior SWA pilot might assume future growth due to expansion into many as yet untapped markets. Only time will tell...

I'll take El Paso layovers on the weekends instead of being on the street working at Kmart watching rjs and skyteam planes flying over taking my job....plus the Mexican food in el paso rocks.

Yup...I'll take El PAso too.....Plus the fact that the AM Hotel give us a free breakfast. And it's not a jelly roll and a coffee type of breakfast, its right off the menu...free !!!

Well being a die hard pm'er I know nothing about the free breakfast :) but the pm hotel has great a great juice made with a fruit called hops and barley!

Latest resources

Back