Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirMugsy said:
What's based as TEB and BDL?

Don't remember how many props in TEB or BDL, but somewhere around 3-5 (at each location). Each base has a Jet.

East Coast seems to be an unpopular spot, so it seems to open a lot of the time, with the TEB Jet PIC spot as the exception.

MNR said:
9 LR 60s
4 LR35/31s on the Jetride side of things.

They are still currently interviewing to fill some spots.

I heard that they were losing pilots and had some management issues. Is that true? Was the Challenger taken off the ticket? What's the current situation at Jetride? How much of your time do you cover NJA and Flexjet flights?

Basicly, those who oned the two challengers and one of the lear 60s decided to run off and start up their own 135 company after Airnet had trained the pilots up and put together the infrastructure for them. The upper management of Jetride and the pilot of those planes jumped ship with the planes. Things will be looking much better on that side of the house now that they've got good management in place.

The above is basicly true about losing airplanes and former management. Since then they have added another LR60 and the new management team is really stepping up to the plate and has made some very positive changes. The outflow of pilots has stopped because of those changes.

Not sure what percentage of the trips are covering NJA/Flexjet.

The stockholder problems had nothing to do with losing those airplanes. It has had more to do with the direction of the company in general. If you do a google business search you can pull up the company.AP press releases to read about that more in detail.

Sounds about right, leave it to JR to hire off the street when there are internal pilots who want the spots that are open. IE: the last 60 reserve spot on the west coast...heard a Flex pilot was hired off the street when we had at least two high time captains on the freight side bid for it. Oh well...

Oh yeah, and who in their right minds came up with that UGLY paint scheme on 60AN???!!!! I want to know who was smoking crack that day...the solid tail is nice, it kinda brings the freight side paint into the mix, but those stripes...uhhhh man those are bad. It looks as if they were drunk when they put them on, and they do not taper at either end which really gives them an unfinished look. BAD BAD BAD, thats all i have to say.

I cannot speak to them hiring off the street vs. internally. I know under old management we were constantly short staffed and it was said that none of the cargo guys wanted to make the hop over. That was the rumor anyways.

If there are still qualified pilots that would like to go to the charter side from the cargo side I would suggest they talk directly to the folks in charge of hiring and see whats avaiable or make it known they would like to make the switch over if something becomes avaiable in a certain area.

As too the paint job. All the pilots on the charter side voted on about 10 different choices and helped make the decision. I like it personally but of course I have not seen it on any actual airplanes yet.

Now if we could just get the cargo pilots and the passenger pilots to stop fighting with eachother.

Latest resources

Back