• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Alaskaairlines

Future Airline Pilot
Hello guys!

What do you think of this internship with Frontier Flying Service:

http://www.frontierflying.com/jobs.html

Click: "Click here for information on a Pilot Intern Program!" on top of page.

Sounds a little sketchy to me, they fly PA-31's, B1900's and 207's.

When I get all my ratings together, would you recommend this operation?

Has anybody participated in it?

Thanks!

don't whore yourselfs to this PFT crap. This ain't an internship. This is paying $11,000 to purchase flying time.

Thats what it sounds like!

Keep it coming guys!

Sounds like PFT, not an internship

This certainly sounds like PFT to me.. However, I am not one of the types that condones PFT. If this is an airline you want to work for, and you can afford it, go for it. As much as some of these people sit here and criticize it I don't think its a bad idea. Do whatever it takes to get the job at the airline you're trying to work for. However, I think it is very bogus of them to call it an internship. An internship is accredited work through a university and it should never involve you having to pay the company to work for them. Take it for what you will.. I think there are better opportunities out there than this.
-Nick

Maybe you mean "I'm not one that condemns PFT."? Condone means that you support it.

Yes, I think there are much better places to work for!
I don't think anybody really would go through all that to get SIC in a PA-31!? If if was in there B1900's, then possibly I would consider that. And calling it an internship isn't right, like you guys mentioned - its PFT.
They actually would be nice to fly for to build time, but thats to expensive - sounds like they can really terminate you anytime if they like!

4-5 Days Company Indoctrination.
2-3 Days PA31 Aircraft Systems.
Candidates who fail to complete ground training or fail the written exam will be dismissed from the program and receive a $7,000.00 refund.
Candidates who successfully complete ground training and pass a written exam may progress to the next phase.

They take $4800.00 if you wash out of this phase. That is one expensive ground school!!:D

This is obviously "BUY A JOB". Stay away! Don't even consider such a program. I don't care the equipment, this does nothing but hurt our community. You need to get your education and be methodical in your choices. Sure there are a lot of pilots who have done this but it doesn't make it right. Not too mention, if I was conducting the interview and I knew you bought a seat like there or GLA, forget it, interview is over! Fly safe and be smart! Wil

Latest resources

Back